BUDGET TRIP TO SEOUL - SUMMER (PERCUTIAN BUDGET KE SEOUL - MUSIM PANAS) : PRE-TRIP

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Assalamualaikum. :)

yeorobun, annyeonghaseyo! oraenmaniya! Jal jee neh?

For our overseas trip this year, we decided to go to KOREA!!!!! THE LAND OF K-POP!!! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!! Oppa s, wait for meeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!


Do you know how hard it is to convince people that we're not going there because of K-pop? We get this a lot 'isssh ni mesti terpengaruh dengan k-pop2 semua ni.' 'nak pergi hunt idol la tu.'. -.-' yes I follow (fanatic) k-pop and I watch K-dramas, but let's be realistic shall we. South Korea is huge! Unless you're willing to camp in front of your Oppa s agency all day long, yes you MIGHT be able to meet the man of your dream. I don't have time for that. Even if I have the time, personally, I think, nobody should waste their time, hunting for their favourite idol. You only live once, so use it to appreciate yourself not running around chasing other people. :) (MATURED FAN).

Going back to the topic,

PRE-TRIP

South Korea Budget Trip 101 No. 1: Google on what to bring for your trip - specific on season


There are a lot (tons) of blogs sharing their experiences on their trips to South Korea so make sure you check them out.

Here are the things that I would suggest for your summer trip:

1. Ditch all your cardigans. Wear minimal cloth during the day. Oh when I say minimal, MUSLIMAH don't say I suggest you to wear revealing cloths pulak ok. :') Wear something that do not require cardigan or coat. South Korea's summer is not like Malaysia's normal weather. There's no wind and the air is dry.

Her face says it all.

2. Wear comfortable shoes. Don't have one? invest in it!!!!!! South Korea is all about hills hills and more hills! I wore sport shoes throughout the trip and my feet still kills me imagine if you wear normal pump or even worse, heels?

There's always gonna be another mountain. I'm always gonna wanna make it move. Always gonna be an uphill battle.~~~

You can still wear heels, if you want. :D

3. Bring a lot of socks. if possible allocate 2 pairs per day. oh wait. scratch that. just buy them in Korea. Their's cheaper and cuter.

4. For people like Atin, make sure you bring your camera's battery charger. cause camera cannot function without battery ye Atin. 

5. TOWEL! I know it sounds stupid like 'why bring towel? they supply towel in our hotel room.' The thing is, Korean in general, don't use the normal size towel. They use a small hand towel even for showering.

6. Bring food supplies. Canned food, Brahim's, instant noodle. A proper meal cost a lot in Korea. Since we're on a tight budget, we don't have the luxury to spent around 40,000won (approx. RM120) per day on food.

South Korea Budget Trip 101 No. 2: Prepare for a loooooonnnnnngggggggggg 6 hour flight.


Equip yourself with something to plug your ear with whenever there's baby crying near you cause their voices and pitch, masyaallah.  :'( I am sure karma will hit Ayu and I as we were super annoyed with Jaiden during the flight. Ampun Ya Allah. :)

South Korea Budget Trip 101 No. 3: Prepare COMPLETE itinerary 


If you're like us, travelling without a tour guide, please prepare a COMPLETE itinerary. Complete includes how to go and all the transportation cost. I think by now you should have known that korean subway is super complex. Make sure you study the subway map. It may looks complex, but once you get a hold on it, it's super easy.

***

I think this is all that I did before I head off to korea. I'll include it in later posts if I suddenly remember something. :)

Post a Comment

where to find me

subscribe for updates

Athirah Fauzi © . QUINN CREATIVES .