Blog Archive

SOCIAL MEDIA

CAMBODIA-VIETNAM BACKPACKING TRIP 1: WITHDRAWAL SYNDROME AND PRE-PLANNING

Monday, October 17, 2016

[Percutian Bajet ke Kemboja-Vietnam]

Assalamualaikum


Hi Hi! I just got back from our backpacking trip to Cambodia and Vietnam and boy, the withdrawal syndrome, it's so bad! You know, where your body doesn't feel like your own, your home doesn't feel like your home, that kind of feeling. Even things like morning facial routine, ironing cloth and wearing makeup, my normal daily routine, feels weird. I guess, after all the hardship we have to endure during the trip, going back to our easy and comfortable life feels weird.

Anyway, I'll be blogging about it in the next couple of posts so please watch this space :P You could look forward to it because me, writing about this now, right after the trip says a lot about the trip considering I haven't written anything yet about our Perth trip earlier in March! sorry Perth!

***

PRE-PLANNING


This might have been my most "kelam kabut" trip ever. Though tickets have been booked months ago, due to unexpected audit extension (boo!) my leave was not approved until the very last minute, 3 days before the trip. So imagine me, with my super busy work life, trying to juggle trip preparation in that tight 3 days. I have so many things to buy, tor pack, to convert, to handover, to teach, I was tired!  but that's the price I have to pay if I wanted to go. I could not say no to my leads and colleagues since they would be covering for me in my absence and I could not say no to Ayu either since she did the trip's itinerary all by herself. To my surprise, I manage it well. I delegate my work well (or so I thought..haven't met them yet, we'll see tomorrow) and I packed well too! In fact, this is the only trip where I didn't forget a thing! *flip tudung*

Things in my to-buy list:

Small backpack (Price:RM169) - Not the heavy duty one, the backpack kids wear to school. For this so called backpacking trip, I've decided that handbags are too girlish hence the backpack. I've walked around One Utama to find a decent bag but the price range could kill me! At one point I was even confident enough to go to Kipling but as soon as I flipped the price tag I ran out straight away! I mean why are they so expensive! I was practically jumping up and down when I found Exsport. Their designs are all so cute and at a reasonable price too! Grab one without thinking.

Disposable P (Price:RM10 for 10) - Considering that this is a week long trip and we have to move around a lot, I opted for this since they're convenient. This is my first time and I would definitely use them for my other trips to come. I thought it would feel uncomfortable but surprisingly this doesn't feel any different than the normal one.

Plaster (Price:forget) - For any small injuries.

Black Jeans - Did not buy since don't have enough time to shop. Opted to bring black long skirt instead.

Aloe Vera mist - Did not buy since Nature Republic does not sell anything below 100ml.

Laptop cover - Decided not to buy after buying that Exsport bag with laptop compartment.

My only concern is them calling me a diva cause I brought my luggage with me instead of backpack to a backpacking trip. -_______________- I'd carried that bag once during OBS and never would I carry it again. That bag is crazy heavy and my body is too precious I love my back bones! They tease me a lot for losing my backpackers identity but I stand by my decision. In fact, I knew damn well that they're going to regret this too and they did! I am enjoying all the "beratnyaaa", "weehhh sakit bahu","wehhh tak larat" moments. :P

So here is something for you to ponder, "Must one bring a backpack to a backpacking trip?"

Post a Comment