DUCKIES

Wednesday, June 28, 2017


for a week.

***

Assalamualaikum

Duck. Who doesn't know Duck? Every time they launch new LE scarves, those scarves would be sold out within minutes! Minutes weeehhh siapa boleh lawan. Duck position itself as a premium brand. Their target market is "stylish ladies who appreciate a dash of luxury in their life" so their pricing is a bit on the higher side. This has become quite an issue ever since Duck first started, till today. People who love them, love them to death. people who don't, bash them like crazy.

As an accountant, I see no wrong in their pricing strategy. In fact, I think they know how to do business really well. This is a strategy called "focus differentiation" (Mr. Jack please be proud!) where they're trying to narrow down their target market and try to cater only to this group of people.

However, as the girl Athirah, who has to support Athirah's expenses, everything about the pricing strategy is wrong! I mean, I like them all, a lot, I drool over their LE releases, I like every picture of them, but to buy them, I have to think 100000000000x. haha. I am clearly not their target market!

I was able to refrain myself from buying for years now which btw do you know how hard this is for an impulsive buyer like me? I deserve some credit *clap for self*. The point is, I manage to refrain myself until Alhambra came along. I mean, look at these,



Gorgeous!

With the convenient of having Faten as a PS, I bought it guys! I bought it! Gold, the fastest selling colour pulak tu. #soweak

Long story short, the whole week that I had it in my closet, it has been an emotional roller coaster to me. I am happy, sad, nervous, all at the same time! Happy that I am now the owner of this gorgeous shawl, sad for my saving and nervous in case my mom found out that I bought a 300 ringgit shawl! I wasn't ready for it. The thing is, I have always thought that whenever I decided to buy a Duck, it would be on a special occasion i.e. finish ACCA or something, so this time, I tried to put meaning into it but I can't find any! After a long of pros and cons discussion with myself, I decided to sell it, on carousel. T-T and guess what, I sold in on that day itself. I almost cancel the sale........so sad that it has to go to someone else ='( .......but I didn't. #proudmoment

Deep down, I know that selling that shawl is the right thing to do, right now.The shawl is now in the hand of someone who would appreciate it more and as for me, I now can save the money for something far more important that scarves.

So that is the story of how I became Duckies, for a week. 

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
 okay I lie. I am actually selling it to buy another LE shawl from a different brand. T__________T #bilanakberubahni #prayforathirahsfuture

Post a Comment

where to find me

subscribe for updates

Athirah Fauzi © . QUINN CREATIVES .