Blog Archive

SOCIAL MEDIA

money = happiness?

Monday, July 1, 2013

Assalamualaikum.

Hi!

How do we measure happiness?

I am curious. Reason being is because lately, everyone around me has been talking a lot about money. All they care about is money. all they think about is how to make more money. They say with money you can do this you can do that.

Really?

Then I assume, whoever has the most money, should be the happiest person on earth. Cause he can do almost everything! right?

Recently, when I met a COO of a company, she also measure happiness with how much money we have. 

"There are people who dreams of having a perfect family. It's possible. With  lots of money, you can be a better mother/father to your children. you can provide them with almost everything!"

Really?

If it is true, then how much? how much money we need to earn to finally achieve the ultimate happiness? how much?

If it is true, then people who's earning basic salary like me, must not be happy. cause I haven't earn much to achieve happiness.

but then,

if it is true that money = happiness,

why people like Hyori still question her own happiness even though she has a lot of money?

why a successful individual, who's earning high five figures salary a month, still have an awkward relationship with his children?

why am I, feeling less happy even though I earn more than before?

why?

Post a Comment