Blog Archive

SOCIAL MEDIA

Tell Me It's Okay

Sunday, December 17, 2017


Assalamualaikum

Remember the time when I told you that I'll never ever pay for a concert? I was of the opinion that it is a complete waste of money. Money I rather spend on ermmm handbag and shoes :P....well, those were the good days. Ain changes that or more accurately, Kodaline changes that. 

We went to this year Good Vibe Festival! Not gonna lie, I feel so wild with all those sexy fashion people, booze on their hand, dancing everywhere around me. Me, with my tudung and syariah compliance clothing, I feel so out of place...for a moment. The mood was so good it's impossible not to dance, awkward or not :P.


But I am not here to talk about Kodaline. I was there for Kodaline....the full hour...I even slightly hated the guy who proposed to his gf on the stage with The One playing as BGM...I mean come on, if this were 3 hours of Kodaline's concert, I probably wouldn't care but this is a freaking festival where Kodaline only have one hour to perform! And you took 15 minutes of that time for your own selfish memory, I am one upset fan.

 Enough about Kodaline.

I am writing today for Gnash, the one that I did not really pay attention to until much later this year, after the festival. Gnash was there, on the second day of the festival....which by this time, we, two unfit grandmas, were already tired from all those dancing we did on the first day...and we wanted to save our energy for Kodaline so we decided to skip all other singers and just go for Kodaline. -________- You are such a disappointment Athirah. We didn't know Gnash that well back then. All I know is he's the one that sing the ultimate breakup/one sided love song, I Hate You I Love You that's it. 

Much later, when I really decided to check Gnash out, he's actually pretty cool. He's like the western version of Zion T which is really really cool. His songs and lyrics is just so menusuk, confusing, so true, so real, like he's speaking on behalf of us all, us, the broken ones, the imperfect ones. This one person even commented on his youtube page, "Someone please report Gnash, he stole my diary,"

Take the ever so famous I Hate You I Love You for example. You hate a person but at the same time love that person so much you wish that person chooses you over that other person. How confusing is that? but that's us, the complicated ones.



This is the most confusing song I've ever listen to. If you don't know the song, can you listen to it first before you proceed?











***

When I first heard the song, when he say "tell me it's okay," I thought what he meant was he wanted to move on, so he was sort of asking permission from that other person, is it okay for him to move on? please tell him it's okay...he found something new, wanted to be happy and the only way he can do that is to move on. 

Fast forward to now, when I hear this song again today, I hear it differently. Now, instead of to move on, I think what he really meant was he is on the verge to move on, but what he really wanted to do is to stay...he's asking that other person, to make the decision now, to tell him that it's okay to stay, it's okay to stay and fix this problematic relationship. The words tell me it's okay is like a promise from that other person, that she/he'll put in the effort too.

Lol.

This is me, always overthinking things. :P

Post a Comment