Blog Archive

SOCIAL MEDIA

we're not broken just bent and we can learn to love again

Friday, March 9, 2018


Assalamualaikum

So, he really chooses this path hah, he is really going to divorce his first wife.

I know that I don't have the full story and I shouldn't judge but let's focus on what we know for now. He is divorcing his first wife because of "tiada hati untuk meneruskan hidup bersama".



Personally, I think this is wrong and here is why:

Marriage is not a touch-n-go thing. or something you can cuba cubaSuka kahwin, tak suka tinggal. Once you're in, you're in for life. It's a promise that you make to each other, you promise to commit to the relationship, that no matter what happen, what challenges come your way, you'll try to solve it together. Breaking up, should not be an option. Unless if you have abusive or cheating partner....well, actually for me, I may be able to tolerate cheating, may being the key word here (May or may not change my mind) provided that it only happen once, once as in seriously once, not once as in do it again and again and again but only got caught once; and most importantly, he should be able to justify why he do what he had done and I should be able to understand, I say understand, not condone. (Had to put in disclaimer in case future husband read this and decided to cheat).

I don't wish my husband to cheat (nauzubillah mintak dijauhkan), however, like I said, marriage is a sacred thing. To divorce, I think, we have to consider other options first, do that, try everything, and if nothing works, I guess, divorce could be the solution.

I don't know...Maybe I am the conservative type. That's why I struggle to understand reasons like "tiada hati" or "tiada sefahaman". Yes, sometimes, people fall out of love. Marriage is an eternity thing and eternity is a long long long period of time, couple get used to each other, they started taking each other for granted, in the end they lose interest in the relationship.

However, Like Pink said, "we're not broken just bent and we can learn to love again".

Do you know who breakup over "tiada hati"?

Boyfriend and girlfriend! Not husband and wife.

Then again, what do I know. It's not like I've been married. However, doesn't the increase in our country divorce rate scare you?

Post a Comment