Blog Archive

SOCIAL MEDIA

Career ladder....no thanks

Sunday, April 8, 2018


Assalamualaikum

I'm back! not back as in 3-posts-a-week-kinda-back, that is still hard to do unless I write 3 posts straight today (Saturday).....we'll see.



In the past week, my bosses have been asking me what I want in life. Do I want a promotion? Do I want a raise? Do I want statutory? Do I want tax? What do I want?

I wasn't ready for the questions. I wanted time to think but time was also something I did not have. They wanted the answer almost immediately I was force to think fast.

"I want a simpler role. I want the classic 9-5 job,"

ok it wasn't that smooth. I stuttered, I mixed up my words, at one point I even said something lazy like "I want less job"....who wants to hire me raise your hand! anyone? no one? :(

Anyway, you get the point. In short, I don't want work to be my everything. I don't dream to climb the career ladder I don't care about promotion or a raise (ok this is a lie...I want a raise as long as it does not come with more work). I simply need a job just to pay my bills and to fulfill all my wants =P.

Am I always this dream-less? no. In fact, I am so full of dreams I can't focus. Among the things I want to be; lecturer (it used to be teacher but this changes when I realised teacher got paid much less #stillmaterialisic), counselor, videographer, writer, stationery/craft shop owner and the latest addition, succulent vendor.

I know right, why so greedy? Can't I focus? I can't. haha. All of that are things that I really love to do so to forgo one in favor of the other is just wrong. I don't think my life would be complete without any one of them #dramamuch.

That is why I need a much simpler job. I need more time for my hobbies. =P and my company is willing to give me just that....a simpler job. Now the ball is in my court. Now it is my time to decide. What would I decide?

Post a Comment