Assalamualaikum
Although I am a lyric person, sometimes, songs pass without me registering the lyrics to my head. Funny story, it took me 4 months to recognise JB's Love Yourself is not a self love song. -____________-
Another old song that caught my eyes recently is "I Ain't Your Mama" by JLo.
I ain't gon' be cooking all day, I ain't your mama
I ain't gon' do your laundry, I ain't your mama,
hey I ain't your mama, boy (no, no, no)
I ain't your mama (no, no)
Good attempt at standing up for yourself girl! Your wife is not your maid, period. I hope all husbands understand that.
But,
Then your mom is your maid? So it's okay for the wife to NOT do all that but if it is your MAMA, she should cook for you? She should do your laundry? Do you guys understand my struggle with the lyric? So are we teaching young children that it's okay to boss around your moms but not your future spouses? So a guy can be this completely understanding husband, helped do all the house chores, took care of the kids and everything, but when he goes to his parent's house, he won't help anymore, cause this house has his MAMA. Get it get it?
Why are we trying to be more understanding towards our partner but not our parents? Why?
No.
She isn't gon' be cooking all day, although she is your mama
She isn't gon' do your laundry, although she is your mama
Just because she did it everyday doesn't mean we should expect her to do it for us. Everything she did for is, is out of love and courtesy to her children, not something she's oblige to do. If she doesn't want to do it anymore, who are we to stop our mother?
Don't get me wrong, I am no way near treating my mom right too :'( I am just like any normal children who sometimes (okay often sebenarnya) took their parents for granted but it pains me when people focuses more on being a better spouse to their partner but less people are concern about being a good child to their parents. Be good to our parents too they had sacrifice so much for us.
I hope this message is clear. Peace.
I ain't gon' do your laundry, I ain't your mama,
hey I ain't your mama, boy (no, no, no)
I ain't your mama (no, no)
Good attempt at standing up for yourself girl! Your wife is not your maid, period. I hope all husbands understand that.
But,
Then your mom is your maid? So it's okay for the wife to NOT do all that but if it is your MAMA, she should cook for you? She should do your laundry? Do you guys understand my struggle with the lyric? So are we teaching young children that it's okay to boss around your moms but not your future spouses? So a guy can be this completely understanding husband, helped do all the house chores, took care of the kids and everything, but when he goes to his parent's house, he won't help anymore, cause this house has his MAMA. Get it get it?
Why are we trying to be more understanding towards our partner but not our parents? Why?
No.
She isn't gon' be cooking all day, although she is your mama
She isn't gon' do your laundry, although she is your mama
Just because she did it everyday doesn't mean we should expect her to do it for us. Everything she did for is, is out of love and courtesy to her children, not something she's oblige to do. If she doesn't want to do it anymore, who are we to stop our mother?
Don't get me wrong, I am no way near treating my mom right too :'( I am just like any normal children who sometimes (okay often sebenarnya) took their parents for granted but it pains me when people focuses more on being a better spouse to their partner but less people are concern about being a good child to their parents. Be good to our parents too they had sacrifice so much for us.
I hope this message is clear. Peace.

Post a Comment