Blog Archive

SOCIAL MEDIA

TRYING TO COPE

Thursday, March 26, 2020


Assalamualaikum

Trying to put content out there in this trying time is tough. I know a lot of bloggers and vloggers who's struggling to put something out. Why? to quote Raja Sarina from her recent blog post,
"To be honest, I wasn’t quite sure what to write about because I feared that whatever I write may be a bit too negative or perhaps even too positive given the circumstances we are all in right now,"
It doesn't help that we, as a society is so quick to judge a person by what he/she chooses to post or not to post online. eg. posting something good invite comments like "she's showing off," "she could do more," etc etc and if someone doesn't post, people would assume that they don't care. #facepalm -___-

I guess I pun takut kene kecam rupanya haha-____- (not that I am someone famous but I do fear kene kecam dengan my 100 plus daily blog readers which btw, who are you guys? I don't recall having more than 100 friends, but anyway, welcome =) ) However, this would be my last disclaimer because I can't keep fearing things that I can't control, which is your reaction to me writing mundane stuff as if the world is not on a pandemic. I hope you know that I care, a lot. However, it got to a point where it's so overwhelming, I know that people should never over claim that they have mental health issue, and I am not claiming that I have a big issue, but I do believe in keeping at least, myself calm through any situation and reading sad, depressing news everyday is not keeping me calm or sane. :'(


I hope we all choose to see the good in people. If someone doesn't address something in public, that does not mean he/she doesn't care, when someone post jokes, that doesn't mean he/she is insensitive....people cope differently, me for instance, I look for jokes and meme when I'm depressed. Ask my friends who came for my father funeral, we laughed and joked around a lot. Was I not sad that my father is gone? of course I was, but we cried so much the day before, we were so emotionally exhausted it's so refreshing to laugh even for a moment.

So people, bersangka baiklah. <3 or maybe getting angry at others is your coping mechanism? should I not judge you then? omg why lah it's so difficult for me come out with a conclusion haha. Why ask another question? In all seriousness, what do you do if that is your coping mechanism; throwing tantrum and get angry? I hope whoever you are, you find a way to deal with that too may Allah ease your hardship.

Stay safe guys <3

EH LUPAA.

While you're at it, it you have a stable income and are not affected financially, if you wish to share your rezeki, please help to donate below. I love their Tabung Khemah initiative. This was started by Rico Rinaldi in private. Alone, by himself, in private, he rented modular tents for one of the hospital. He did not publicised it initially, but his kind deed was shared by Fazreena, and they (the local brand owners of Bangi Sentral) decided to chip in too, collaborate with medtwetmy to make it bigger, and they have been setting tents at various hospitals and KK ever since. It pains me to see how our frontliners are struggling to do the screening under the hot sun, but I never thought that this can be done, for that, I will be forever amazed at how amazing people think. Please please please Allah grant them goodness and your heaven.

P/S: Please please please donate if mampu. The reason why this is different than normal donation is because they are renting the tents, so the rental expenses depends on how long this continues, the longer, the more money they need for rent. I hope you can help share the love <3


Post a Comment