Blog Archive

SOCIAL MEDIA

Health before Sickness

Sunday, June 4, 2017


Assalamualaikum

Ramadhan this year is among the toughest Ramadhan our family had to go through. Almost everyone is sick! It all started with Farid on Friday (Ramadhan eve). I came home from work to a brother looking very sick with a Cool Fever on his head. I was confused because I just saw him that morning and he was perfectly healthy! How can someone go from perfectly healthy to looking very lembik in a few hours?

The next day, it got worst. His gum was bleeding and not the normal kind of bleeding, ini yang ketul2 punya darah. at this rate, even I panicked. However, we did not suspect anything worst yet at this point of time because story of Farid's life, he always got sick whenever he had to pull a teeth (he's wearing braces now). This happened before so we all just thought this is some weird dejavu. Emak brought him to the dentist who helped reduce his gum swelling but his condition worsen by the hour and by this time, it hits my mum that maybe, maybe this is dengue. So she brought him to the clinic and he got his blood tested and yes, he has lower than normal platelet level but not that low yet so doctors can't confirm it as dengue yet. So the doctor asked to come again the next day to get his blood tested.

The next day came and by this time, Farid was really lembik, couldn't even respond properly. He didn't argue and he became obedient! Well well well if you know Farid, you would know no one would describe him as obedient...No one. Obedient and Farid does not jive. He's the annoying type who talks a lot and likes to win argument. Sometime when I was too tired, I don't even respond to his argument because I know I can't win (eventhough I am right!). So when Farid became obedient, this triggered an alarm.

And one thing about my mother, don't even tell her anything that's maybe. When you say maybe she heard confirm. So now that she'd confirmed Farid got dengue, she brought him to KPJ to be admitted and little did we know, that Sunday is the worst day to be admitted to KPJ, ever. Not their fault though. Their system was down so everything had to be done manually So while we arrived around 10 am at the hospital, we stayed at the emergency department until around 2 before he got transferred to his room! 4 freaking hours and this long waiting thing, makes me sick too. By the time Farid was transferred to his room, I was down with headache and fever too.

All smile but not really. This is a retake after Farid disapproved the first one because he looked so sick in it (you were sick!) and I had to cover myself with his pelekat because my fever had make me sensitive to cool temperature.

And I thought my fever were normal too....but nooooooooooooo. I had dengue too! Talk about telah jatuh ditimpa tangga. but mine not the worst kind. Mine is the yoyo type. My temperature could shoot so high one moment and the next it could reduce to normal temperature. When it was high, everything doesn't seem right, I couldn't even wake up from my bed but when it was normal, I could do everything including sitting directly below the fan! It goes back and forth for nearly five days. Come to think of it, mine is the worst kind. It gives me hope. Just when I thought I could puasa or go to work, surprise surprise, my temperature shoot up again. -_____________-

However, although we're the one who's sick, I think my mum suffered the most throughout this week. Everyday, in the morning she had to teman me for my daily blood test, then cater to my father who's now having really bad cough then go to the hospital to nurse Farid and then she'll be back by noon to cook buka then go back to the hospital in the evening it will be 10 pm when she reach home but at home again she has to check on me and my father. And Farid, being a whiny baby doesn't help either. He doesn't want everything but he also wants everything. 😵

Truth be told, we only survive this time because of her. If it wasn't for her constant overthinking, we wouldn't know that we have dengue. If she wasn't who she was, Farid could be bleeding all over his body before we bring him to the doctor. She's strong too. She's doing all these while puasa. While taking care of everything, she still does her Ramadhan routine (tahajud, tadarus, tarawikh).

Superwoman she is. I would be be happy even if I am half of what she is. Thank you Emak.

Post a Comment