'Are you working towards some big goal in life? In the big picture, do you know what you want?'
'I thought I did. I thought I had it. but it didn't last. At that time, I thought what I wanted, what my big ambition in life was - wait for it - to be happy.'
'And it wasn't?'
'No. it soon became apparent that happiness shouldn't be a destination in your life. It should be part of the journey of your life. Profound, I know, for someone as shallow as me, but take it from a man who knows: putting everything on hold to achieve the one thing you think will make you happy will actually mean that you're miserable along the way to get there, and when you get there, you might find that the thing you wanted doesn't make you as happy as you thought it would. Or worse, you've completely forgotten how to be happy.'
-Extracted from The Woman He Loved Before
***
Assalamualaikum. :)
Sometimes I wish I can write as good as Eve. She wrote her diary - amazingly. I admit I secretly skipped Libby and Jack part - to read Eve's diary. I understand why Libby was secretly reading it too. I understand Libby's obsession towards Eve. because I can feel it too. Eve's life may not be perfect, but she is.
***
I think this will be the last Dorothy Koomson's book I read. It has been wonderful but I have to move on. She writes good stories about women and their insecurities and how they overcome it. but I think if I continue reading her books, I'll start having insecurities myself because I share one common thing with all of her main character - I over think. often.

Post a Comment