Assalamualaikum
Twitter is the best platform if you want to do the digital version of "people watching". I don't know why this is the case, but everyone is generally much more open and honest on twitter. Everyone has an opinion about something. I mean, I am not a devil's advocate but even I find it entertaining seeing people argue their points on twitter.
However, sometime, the arguments got really ugly, people started to be mean to each other. This happen because sometime we are too up on our nose, we think we're the smartest, we believe that our opinion is the best, our opinion mattered most. We think too highly of ourselves. TBH, it wasn't completely our fault. Our generation was raised that way, the "you're special," mentality.
"I am one of a kind. I am special. I am the best. I am the smartest. Hence, my opinion is the best,"
So when people argue against us, we get defensive.
"How stupid can they be to argue against me?"
Woah woah woah, take a chill pill, that's too harsh. Everyone has opinion, we have ours, they have theirs, while arguing is healthy, belittling others is not. Don't ever think a person is stupid just because they don't share the same values as we do. Even if we really think we're on the right side of the argument, try to educate, with kindness of course, how can we progress if all we do is yell and get angry?
At the end of the day, what I am really saying is, chill, don't take ourselves too seriously, we're not that important you know lol. :P
p/s: I hope by now you know that all my blog post is a self reflection...a reflection of my own behaviour. Take a chill pill Athirah T-T
Post a Comment