Blog Archive

SOCIAL MEDIA

Undelivered birthday card

Sunday, July 6, 2014

'For some reason, this is how we teach, and we grow up learning in this way. which is this is Haram, this is Halal. what was happening at the beginning is it was not about rule, it was about building the connection with Allah, in the heart.'
Yasmin Mogahed, Always a traveler.
***

Assalamualaikum. :)


 this was supposed to be my dear friend 's birthday card. We planned a lot of things. Like how and when we're going to give it to her. We're too busy planning, we forget. us, human, don't have a lot of time. We are always a traveler. Dunia is our temporary stop. we will all leave, and move to another realm. 

So we missed our chances. We never get the chance to give it to her. 

***

The memories of that day, it's all coming back to me these days. It's all too vivid. How we (u and I) both buka puasa together, how we spent the night talking and eating our early sahur cause we both can't sleep (i even wrote a post that night), how we (ayu, dayah n me) bump into you at class before you went back to Teluk Intan, and how 1 hour later, we received that phone call..................................................................... how we're on denial, how our car ride to the hospital were filled with us talking, crying, talking and crying. and then we saw u. and we know for sure, it's real.

but the days after that were the hardest. I have to put up with people asking unreasonable and insensitive questions. It's not that I needed consoling, but a little respect would be nice. I won't mind if you're just normal friend but you're my close friend. I somehow deserve a takziah too. I deserve to mourn for you.

I've hated a lot of people during that period. and now I am really really sorry. I was angry for no reason. It's not their fault. For them, u and I are just normal friend. They don't know how close we've become after UiTM.

***

Dear chingu,

bogoshipo. I hope you have a good time there. 

Al-Fatihah.


Post a Comment