Blog Archive

SOCIAL MEDIA

Extreme introvert alert!

Monday, August 10, 2015

Assalamualaikum

Hi.

Before I started working, I categorise guys in 2 ways.

Stranger or close friend

Yes, it is that extreme. To be honest, there really was no one in between. No one that I even consider normal friend.

It was never a problem when I was in high school or in uni because really, they too, can't be bothered about me. Looking back, I think majority of them don't even know I existed. twenty years down the road, it will be my picture they'll point at on our annual Majalah Maktab and go "Eh siapa ni? did she goes to our school?? really?"

#sadreality

However, they'll still be minority of them who'll go, "Eh ni Athirah la. Budak kelas 5B3 tu,".

Actually, I don't really care about the majority. They don't even know me and I am not the type to go to people and go "Eh, kau xxx kan? Aku Athirah laaa,"

I am more scared of this minority...... because they've seen me before. They know my name. 
They consider me acquaintance when to me, they are practically strangers.



The other day, I met a stranger friend back in high school.....in a lift....with no place to escape.

I was forced to face the thing I fear most sooner than I'd expected.

:o

well, to be completely honest, I've seen the guy before. I know he works in the same building but normally, I'll either turn my back against him or choose the traditional way, RUNNNNNNNN! but this time, we're in a lift!!!! where can I run?

I remember praying the whole time that he'll never notice me but he did. Even then, I pretended not to see him.

WHY DID EVERYONE HAS TO PRESS EVERY FREAKING FLOOR? CAN'T A GIRL GO TO HER FLOOR FIRST? HELLO WHERE'S YOUR MANNER? LADIES FIRST OKAY. ESPECIALLY A LADY IN A HURRY.

People went out of the lift one-by-one until at one point, the lift was almost empty. By this time, I had to be blind if I still want to pretend not to see him. (considered that option but explaining how I go blind is much more troublesome than coming clean)

I may be weird but I am not rude. With a sigh, I turned to him and fake a sudden realisation for 2 seconds and go "Eh, xxx!"

We make small talks until I FINALLY reach my floor and we bid goodbye.

I was proud of my coolness.........for like a nano second. After that, my hands were shaking. My heart was thumping extremely fast. My face redden. My legs weaken.

That very short encounter I have with my stranger friend drained my energy!

This is a serious problem. Help me!!

p/s: For now, If I ignore you or you catch me running away from you, please don't hate me. I am not rude. I am just scared of people, in general, not you, exclusively.

Post a Comment