Assalamualaikum
Ayu called me yesterday and we create a new record, we were on the phone for 3 hours! Three; Tiga. Insane! Our previous record was around 2 hours plus which is already very long, now, 3 hours wth.
Of course, we talked about A LOT of things, both important and random stuff, among the random ones was when we talked about body proportion. Since it s Raya, of course, a lot of our friends posted their Raya OOTD on their social media accounts, which is cool, perfectly normal, but with the abundance of them, my mind started to analyse things and among the first thing that I notice, being skinny doesn't always makes you look good and big doesn't always makes you look bad.
Some girls, skinny as hell, to the point where if xxs do exist, that's her size, but she looks pretty...she looks good. While some, same kind of skinny, looks unhealthy....almost as if you could see their bones. I wonder why.
Among the rare moment where Ayu was wise, this is one of them.
She told me that it's always about the shoulder. Your shoulder will determine your ideal body proportion. Simply put, if you have a M shoulder, your whole body should be M. You can't have M shoulder but have a S or L body. In this case, S makes you look sick, L means you're overweight already.
I agree.
Because when I browse through again, yes, the ones that I said look ok being thin are never the ones with broad shoulder. An XS shoulder matches well with an XS body. I mean, when you see people like Ayu or Alya, don't you think that being thin suits them well? Whereas if you see me, you know that I should always stop at M. I shouldn't try to lose more than that.
So girls & boys , know your shoulder.
P/S: Of course, when it comes to the actual science of body proportion, it might not be as simple as what we pointed out.
Post a Comment