[Disclaimer: I rarely write about current issues in this blog because I feel that in each of those moment, there were/are so much information and opinions being said so me writing my limited uninformed opinions would just be another noise in an already crowded discussion board. However, too many things are happening at once, I wanted to remember the impact it has on me. That's what I 'll be focusing on in this post. I am in no way trying to belittle others suffering by being so delusional to think that only I matter, because the truth it, everyone matter. The threat is real, the sacrifices made by frontliners, victims, families and the general public are real. I pray that we all stay healthy and strong to go through this trying time but I won't be writing further on that because like I said, you can get those informations and opinions from others who talk more about it, professionals who are more well verse on the issue than me]
***
Assalamualaikum
When I move out from my mom's and attempted to live alone, the respond I received were either "tak takut ke?" or "tak sunyi ke?" to which I replied "tak lah, ok je,". I am an introvert who always need to be alone to recharge so living by myself is perfect for me, and it helps that I am a major home person so I don't forsee any issue if I were to be stuck at home for days.
Or so I thought.
Several days ago, our PM gave the restriction movement order so now we all have to work from home. Initially, besides concern on productivity, I don't have any other problem because, yeay, no need to leave the house. 5 days in, I miss office. haha. As it turns out, I can only survive living alone if I have my daily doses of human interaction, ie gossiping with my colleagues. Those simple and minimal interactions that I took for granted, turns out to be essential to my survival. In just two days, I gave up and am now at my mom's permanently till this RMO ends whenever it might be. In the end, I traded my own health over my plants health -.-"
Even at my mom's, I am now constantly fidgeting trying to find things to do, homebody lah sangat kan. My friend Alya, she's a proud homebody too but even she was like, "tak syok gak kan bila kene paksa WFH," This whole experience makes me wonder on this whole identity that I thought was me but is it really? Am I not a homebody? Do I like malls so much that I miss OU? Or do I just love to rebel and would simply want to break order when it's given? I wonder.
There are lots of posts appreciating the struggles of moms with young children who has to keep a house, entertain the children and at the same time work from home. While I salute them, I also want to take this opportunity to appreciate moms with adult children who's now at home, playing with computers all day long (read: LLB while WFH), menghabiskan beras, mendugong menternak lemak, while adding clothes to the laundry, I salute your patient. =P
Or so I thought.
Several days ago, our PM gave the restriction movement order so now we all have to work from home. Initially, besides concern on productivity, I don't have any other problem because, yeay, no need to leave the house. 5 days in, I miss office. haha. As it turns out, I can only survive living alone if I have my daily doses of human interaction, ie gossiping with my colleagues. Those simple and minimal interactions that I took for granted, turns out to be essential to my survival. In just two days, I gave up and am now at my mom's permanently till this RMO ends whenever it might be. In the end, I traded my own health over my plants health -.-"
Apa khabar lah awak2 dekat rumah sana?
Even at my mom's, I am now constantly fidgeting trying to find things to do, homebody lah sangat kan. My friend Alya, she's a proud homebody too but even she was like, "tak syok gak kan bila kene paksa WFH," This whole experience makes me wonder on this whole identity that I thought was me but is it really? Am I not a homebody? Do I like malls so much that I miss OU? Or do I just love to rebel and would simply want to break order when it's given? I wonder.
***
There are lots of posts appreciating the struggles of moms with young children who has to keep a house, entertain the children and at the same time work from home. While I salute them, I also want to take this opportunity to appreciate moms with adult children who's now at home, playing with computers all day long (read: LLB while WFH), menghabiskan beras, mendugong menternak lemak, while adding clothes to the laundry, I salute your patient. =P

Post a Comment