Assalamualaikum
In case you're wondering why I've been posting more on this blog, it's because I quit instagram. :P okayyyy maybe not quit quit....but I've been limiting my time on instagram. Sometime, days goes by without me even checking on it.
My relationship with instagram has been rough. I've restarted it, deactivated it, reactivated it, deleted the app, download it back again, have a second account which follows only the one that spark joy, I did everything. Nothing sticks, of course, I kept falling back to spending hours and hours scrolling through people's insta feed and insta stories. I don't want to anymore. For multiple reasons actually.
1. It's addictive! I can spend hours on it. Sometime, after work, I'd lied down on the sofa scrolling instagram and when I snapped out of it, it's already 12am! And then I complain that I don't have enough time to do other things. #apebendeee
2. I am prone to compare my life with others. Instagram is where people share happy things, only, it's easy to feel less, at least I do. It was not because I don't like my life, in fact I really like where I am, even then, when someone post about something that I don't have yet, I feel slightly weird. I knowwww I am a horrible human being. T_________T
It's different from twitter or blog. In twitter and blog, people share both the good and the bad in life. It's more relatable in other platform as compared to instagram.
What changes since I quit (again not quit quit alah u get it right) instagram?
1. I now have time to blog! Yeay for a better way to keep memories! which btw I am not dissing people who make instagram as their journal/ a way to keep memories but for me personally, I don't see it as my best option. Firstly, the picture quality, off. The word counts, off. The constant need for people to "like" your photo and don't get me started with the term "followers". For introvert like me, I personally like blogging better. At least with this blog, I know that I do this for me. Not for the followers, not for the likes.
2. I feel like I have more energy. I don't know if this is even directly related hahahahaha it's just that when I am not on my phone all the time, I feel less lethargic. ='P Again, I don't know if it is directly related.
3. I feel healthier, mentally I mean. Physically still ke laut. When I am not on instagram, I don't see other people's so-called perfect life update, I don't see them in their perfect job, perfect house, perfect family. I now channel all the energy to focus on me and my own well being. It has been great. =P
Having said all this, again, I am not quiting as in quiting instagram completely. I will most probably still scroll the feeds, update a picture or two, but what changes now is that I've made myself aware of the effect of instagram in my life. As long as I control myself, all is well.
All is well
ReplyDeleteSelamat hari raya maaf zahir batin
All is well
ReplyDeleteSelamat hari raya maaf zahir batin