Blog Archive

SOCIAL MEDIA

2019 RAMADAN STORY

Thursday, June 13, 2019


Assalamualaikum

P/S: This entry was written during Ramadan with 5/06/19 as the intended published date, hence the tone of writing.

***

By the time this gets publish, I guess it would be Eid already. Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri semua, maaf zahir batin. My raya this year is really simple. I don't even buy new cloth. I'll be wearing all the tailored made traditional baju kurung that Emak had been buying me in the past years in the hope that I'll ever be ayu. -____-


Anyway, Ramadan this year has not been smooth. It is the first time in yearssss that I have my period in the middle of Ramadan. For yearsss it has been either the beginning or the end. Having it in the middle just distort the whole flow. I mean, how do people maintain their spiritual momentum when they have a break in the middle? I genuinely want to know. Yes, I am aware that there are many other things one can do during their menses, but if we're being real, nothing beats praying right?

Moving on from that, this Ramadan, my aim was to not eat outside, at all. Past history, whenever I went for berbuka outside, I came back from it feeling really tired and I would just forgo everything and straight away went to bed (yeah, I am this weak), hence, this year Ramadan goal. I passed! , okay I almost. I eat out once with Ayu and Ain, that's it. There is also this one day we almost eat outside but then Emak remembered that it was one of the odd night, so we just tapau everything. The drawback of it is of course, Emak had to think what we should eat for berbuka everyday. Sorry! 

Other than that, this is also the first Ramadan I am in my new home. Surprisingly, I don't find it hard to wake up for sahur. Most of the time, it was not even because of my alarm, I just woke up, all of the sudden. This does not happen often on other months considering that I am NOT a morning person. I guess, there is only one explanation, Allah wants me to wake up. =) Terima kasih Allah kejutkan bangun sahur. :P

That's all for this year Ramadan story. It was normal, nothing too fancy nothing too shocking happened and this is enough. <3

Post a Comment