Full itinerary and budget > JEJU 2019 (WINTER) - FULL ITINERARY & BUDGET
Assalamualaikum
It rained heavily that morning, I would totally sleep in if I were in Malaysia but no, we're travelling, we can't afford to sleep in :(
We were optimistic. Alah sekejap je ni hujan.
So we head out to what's on the initial itinerary, Jusangjeolli Cliff,
This is what the cliff looks like when it's angry. Still screen saver material but to get this shot, on top of getting wet from the rain, we were also showered by the ocean water when it splashed the rock. -____-" That day, we had planned to visit other waterfalls too so unless we really wanted to get drenched, we postponed the itinerary to later day.
So we head out to what's on the initial itinerary, Jusangjeolli Cliff,
This is what the cliff looks like when it's angry. Still screen saver material but to get this shot, on top of getting wet from the rain, we were also showered by the ocean water when it splashed the rock. -____-" That day, we had planned to visit other waterfalls too so unless we really wanted to get drenched, we postponed the itinerary to later day.
I tried to embrace life as it is but it's so cold! Seriously, it was so bad that we even received the "bad weather alert text" from the government. (Confession: I know it's dangerous and stuff but I was really excited when we received the message because this is the message that I've seen countless time in Hyori's B&B 😜)
We decided to stay indoor. This is when everything started to go haywire. There was nothing to do indoors! We tried shopping, went into the JTO duty free shop, nope, not working, called Ain for any recommendation, nope to most of her idea, thennnn, she remembered about a banana uyu cafe. Since we're a fan (may or may not drank banana uyu everyday), we went to the cafe! It is called Yellow Cafe (Phone no: 739-1140).
Disclaimer: When I say nothing, not nothing as in nothing. More like nothing that we like or willing to spend money to go in. There were a lot of museums around. The teddy bear one, the Jeju-Play Kpop Museum. It was right thereee, in front of Yellow Cafe, but I am a matured fan, hologram doesn't excite me I want the real person lol.
This is yellow cafe, yup, I know, very jaundice looking and this is after I edited it to tone down the yellow....the original photos were yellow-er 😓 I am not complaining btw. I am just saying, the deco is very fitting to the original focus, banana milk. We ordered the banana milkshake, Latte with banana flavoured milk, and the tiramisu. Our verdict, well, we don't like it I am sorry! This is our own personal preference. We prefer sweet over anything that has a strong taste. This has really strong taste. I guess I'll stick to the traditional banana uyu.
On the second floor, there was KFC, guess who we met,
This is one hardworking grandpa! Hey, you gotta work hard to promote when you're in an island's famous for it's seafood. You do you uncle, fighting! =P
After that, we decided to just walk around our Airbnb area in Haye Hadong. Coming back to the area, not going to lie, it was scary. The village is on the foothill, very near to the sea, so while driving down, we can see all the lightnings, the big waves, in my heart, I almost don't want to drive down. It looks like something bad is going to happen! Of course I didn't tell Ayu what I was thinking, I am the braver one of the two when it comes to ocean, so I can't make it worst by panicking when she was already shaking!
Of course, nothing bad happen. The rain stopped. We drove out then park at the road side to just walk around the area.
Again, as angry as it looks, the area was still breathtakingly beautiful. We're thankful that God made it rain. If it didn't rain, we might not have the time to just pause and walk around. We would just touch and go the area without really soaking in the beauty. (Things I said about Jeju -_______-" soaking in the beauty what is that pfffts is this even me writing?)
In a totally different tone, this is where I turned my perfectly white shoes, brown. A local was taking her dog out for a walk and I, like any normal days, am afraid of anything with fur, so yup, I ran into mud, twice. -__________-"
We had dinner at Chunsimine (794-4010). The place was packed! We went in right after the opening hour around 5.15pm and it was almost full. After we finished, we realised, there was a really long queue outside already! So if this is in your itinerary, I suggest you go there early.
The food was surprisingly good. The banchans were really nice I ate everything! okay not the soft tofu but I swear I eat everything else. Not in the picture is the main dishes themselves which is a grill fish and a fish stew. I surprisingly like the fish stew. This changes my whole perception towards korean food being blant. I am sorry but I had only Korean food in Malaysia so maybe the cook here has tweak the recipe who knows. =P
Disclaimer: When I say nothing, not nothing as in nothing. More like nothing that we like or willing to spend money to go in. There were a lot of museums around. The teddy bear one, the Jeju-Play Kpop Museum. It was right thereee, in front of Yellow Cafe, but I am a matured fan, hologram doesn't excite me I want the real person lol.
This is yellow cafe, yup, I know, very jaundice looking and this is after I edited it to tone down the yellow....the original photos were yellow-er 😓 I am not complaining btw. I am just saying, the deco is very fitting to the original focus, banana milk. We ordered the banana milkshake, Latte with banana flavoured milk, and the tiramisu. Our verdict, well, we don't like it I am sorry! This is our own personal preference. We prefer sweet over anything that has a strong taste. This has really strong taste. I guess I'll stick to the traditional banana uyu.
On the second floor, there was KFC, guess who we met,
This is one hardworking grandpa! Hey, you gotta work hard to promote when you're in an island's famous for it's seafood. You do you uncle, fighting! =P
After that, we decided to just walk around our Airbnb area in Haye Hadong. Coming back to the area, not going to lie, it was scary. The village is on the foothill, very near to the sea, so while driving down, we can see all the lightnings, the big waves, in my heart, I almost don't want to drive down. It looks like something bad is going to happen! Of course I didn't tell Ayu what I was thinking, I am the braver one of the two when it comes to ocean, so I can't make it worst by panicking when she was already shaking!
Of course, nothing bad happen. The rain stopped. We drove out then park at the road side to just walk around the area.
Again, as angry as it looks, the area was still breathtakingly beautiful. We're thankful that God made it rain. If it didn't rain, we might not have the time to just pause and walk around. We would just touch and go the area without really soaking in the beauty. (Things I said about Jeju -_______-" soaking in the beauty what is that pfffts is this even me writing?)
In a totally different tone, this is where I turned my perfectly white shoes, brown. A local was taking her dog out for a walk and I, like any normal days, am afraid of anything with fur, so yup, I ran into mud, twice. -__________-"
***
We had dinner at Chunsimine (794-4010). The place was packed! We went in right after the opening hour around 5.15pm and it was almost full. After we finished, we realised, there was a really long queue outside already! So if this is in your itinerary, I suggest you go there early.
The food was surprisingly good. The banchans were really nice I ate everything! okay not the soft tofu but I swear I eat everything else. Not in the picture is the main dishes themselves which is a grill fish and a fish stew. I surprisingly like the fish stew. This changes my whole perception towards korean food being blant. I am sorry but I had only Korean food in Malaysia so maybe the cook here has tweak the recipe who knows. =P




Post a Comment