Blog Archive

SOCIAL MEDIA

I'LL MAKE YOU GO VIRAL!

Friday, June 21, 2019


Assalamualaikum

In a world where everything can go viral, we have to watch out for everything, every action, every move, silap sikit je viral, pelik sikit je viral. Customer services people, waiters, cashiers, basically everyone on the front line, have it worst, they suffer from this old and outdated way of thinking, "customer is always right,".

Who came out with this line btw?

Because of this way of thinking, sadly, a lot of us feel entitled. Somehow, things like, "awak jangan macam macam eh, nanti saya viralkan awak, biar takde orang nak datang kedai awak," errrrmmm what now?


Why are we becoming like this? I use "we" because yes, "we" as a society is turning more and more blurgh as days goes by. The above behavior is not a one time thing, it was on my timeline, from multiple locations, by multiple people. I can't comprehend the level of entitlement we have. I mean, come onnnn, 1. Instafamous/tweetfamous ke nak viralkan orang ni? 2. Kenapa eh kita rasa diri kita je betul? 3. Dah siasat betul2 ke ye sebelum decide nak share tu?

I am no saint I admit but I don't know guyssss, I don't think it is wise to vent out our anger in public at an expense of someone else's periuk nasi or reputation. If it's really bad, there are proper channels where we can submit our complain. Most companies have some sort of channel where we can give our feedback, or if it is really serious, we can bring it to the tribunal or police. Why make it viral?

***

I would like to end this post with words from Haze & Syafa of Motif Viral when they were asked  about weird stuff going viral,

Haze: Kita pun satu lah, kalau nampak benda pelik tu jangan tekan butang share.
Syafa: Kita semua kan, kita semua lupa, orang tua tua kata nampak benda pelik jangan tegur. Ni tak. Zassss share.
Haze: Instagram dan Twitter tu sama seperti jalan yang gelap. Kalau ada perkara pelik yang lalu, jangan tegur.

Post a Comment