Blog Archive

SOCIAL MEDIA

JEJU 2019 (WINTER) - DAY 5 (CENTRAL JEJU)

Sunday, June 23, 2019


Assalamualaikum


To summarise today, it was a day with very poor planning. Our train of thoughts was really questionable. To this date, we still beat ourselves up for this. Let's review what happen shall we.

1. We were greedy. The thing is, when we first decided to go to Jeju, catching snow was never in the itinerary. We were like if it happens it happens. If it didn't, well okay and if I am being really honest, I don't really like snow that much, I can't stand cold weather, I don't like getting myself wet and I've seen how troublesome it is when it's snowing in Jeju (Hyori's B&B). So I don't initially care. Until, Ayu showed me the picture of her colleagues in Jeju, surrounded by snow at Hallasan. Suddenly, from not caring, we were like "OMG WE MUST GO TO HALLASAN WHEN IT'S SNOWING IT'S SO PRETTYYYY FOR INSTAGRAM," #2019problem We planned Hallasan today......we went to Hallasan alright....but there was no snow. Whatever snow left in the area was melted by the rain from the day before. Because we are two greedy women, we decided to revisit Hallasan on the last day, the weather forecast says it would be snowing. 

Again, we have to replanned everything....which I have now realised, we suck at impromptu planning.

2. We wanted to go skincare shopping, multiple brands shopping. We googled and everyone online seems to only suggest Jungang Underground Shopping Center. So we, from Seogwipo, drove to central Jeju, which located exactly opposite from where we were -____________- Plus, that shopping center wasn't even the best place to shop for skincare products. One, it was more expensive (They don't give tax refund for promotion items) the products seems old with dusty shelves and packaging. Honestly speaking, if you're in Seogwipo, there are outlets of multiple brands there! Just shop anywhere, outside of Jungang....but don't wait till when you're in Seongsan-ri. There's Innisfree and maybe Nature Republic only in Seongsan-ri.










3. Dah alang-alang we were at the central, we stopped by the Dokkaebi (Goblin) Road where everything moves uphill when it's a downward slopping hill. You can check the videos on my travelogue. I know it's an optical illusion but man it's so good. It's fascinating. Everything feels uphill I am not kidding.

Weird moment: Although this is a road, since this has become a tourist spot, they have created other road for locals and normal people to use. If you're using this road, it is expected that you should slow down because they are multiple tourists playing on the road itself plus cars sometime stop in the middle of the road to feel the gravity pull. When we were there, there was this one car, speeding and honking! He didn't even slow down okay. Luckily no one was playing on the road if there is, memang dah innalillah dah. ishsshhh.

4. After shopping, weirdly, we decided to go to the northern beach! Why old self why? It's in the other opposite. Told you our train of thoughts were weird. (Disclaimer: I am not complaining about the place, I am complaining about my own decision making) The beach was beautiful.


After yesterday's bad weather, to have clear blue sky, calm sea, it was therapeutic. Nothing can explain how good it was to be surrounded with blue everywhere. The coastal road, weh, seriously, pegilah Jeju weh pegila tengok sendiri please. I can't explain! and I don't have any photography skills either to show you.

5. Before it gets too dark, we decided to go back to Seogwipo. On the way, we decided to stoppped by Camellia Hill (792-0088)


The admission ticket was 8,000won per person. Is it worth it? Honestly speaking, not in winter. I don't know about other seasons but when we go there, it was off season so only several trees was full. Plus I don't like the fact that this place was so instagram/ social media centered. There was multiple place decorated for photo area everything feels staged.

6. Next we went to Yeongmori Coast.


Another screensaver material place guys. By day 5, I think I've run out of adjectives to describe Jeju. Everything was used repetitively but can you blame me, everything was majestic! (yes that's a new word). =P

That's all for the day guys. till next post.

***

Ohhhh I forgot to tell you guys about the Seogwipo airbnb owner. Our encounter with Hyunsoo was interesting. First of all, he didn't have phone number for his accomodation so finding it was a little bit tricky although he did provide some guidance. We were slightly annoyed because we have to learn maps haha. So when we arrived, we were already not in a good mood...but the guy was cute. As it turns out, he doesn't know english....but he has been using google translate the whole time which amazed us because he use casual words not the robotic google translate one. Eveything he did was awkward and shy. We asked about washing machine once and then we forget but he kept asking and was adamant to teach us and sort of forced us to use the washing machine haha. He doesn't has a lot of foreign customers at the time so he was using us to practice english. We were happy to help. =)

Post a Comment