Assalamualaikum
I love to watch Mualafs talk about islam. Their level of faith are so next level whereas I am still in my own little bubble.
The one below is not a Mualaf story but I like his honesty.
Lesson learned
Never ever ever judge people's faith. We don't know what happen behind close door. A friend was wondering earlier on why some people decided to bukak tudung after wearing it for so long. Again, I don't know what happen behind close door but what I do know is iman bertambah dan berkurang. At least for me, masyaallah, the struggle to stay on track is real sistur! It's not even 1km up, 0.1m down up down up down kind of scenario, it was more of a 1km up, 5km down case. It keeps getting worst T__________T
I guess, the only way to go forward is to just accept that we are all imperfect human that will repeatedly keep making the same mistake. If I beat myself up just because I keep repeating the same mistake, I would have gave up on asking for repentance, wouldn't I? but I shouldn't.
Below is an extract from the book "Letters to Young Muslim" written by Omar Saif Ghobash
Never ever ever judge people's faith. We don't know what happen behind close door. A friend was wondering earlier on why some people decided to bukak tudung after wearing it for so long. Again, I don't know what happen behind close door but what I do know is iman bertambah dan berkurang. At least for me, masyaallah, the struggle to stay on track is real sistur! It's not even 1km up, 0.1m down up down up down kind of scenario, it was more of a 1km up, 5km down case. It keeps getting worst T__________T
I guess, the only way to go forward is to just accept that we are all imperfect human that will repeatedly keep making the same mistake. If I beat myself up just because I keep repeating the same mistake, I would have gave up on asking for repentance, wouldn't I? but I shouldn't.
Below is an extract from the book "Letters to Young Muslim" written by Omar Saif Ghobash
It became clear to me with the years that sinning, making moral mistakes, being weak in the face of desire, possibility, and temptation were all things that make us human. And it took me a few years, but I also realize that intense repentance and compensating for sins with greater piety could be just as destructive as the original errors. I began to think that rather than torturing ourselves with guilt over these errors, there was the possibility of returning to a balanced, understanding middle zone.
Post a Comment