Assalamualaikum
Before I start, let's agree on one thing, I don't read books. After years of trying to live pretentious life as book lover, I have now come to term that I will never ever be attracted to fill my time with reading books. -____- So how to cheat reading but still want the same benefit? Audiobook!
I mentioned about Scribd here before, at the time, Scribd was sufficient. However, the longer I am with Scribd, the more I realised that their book selections are quite limited too. There are some books that I would love to listen to but for whatever reason, it's not in Scribd. Like this book for example. So for this book solely, I have to subscribe to Audible. The plan was I was supposed to use Audible during the free trial period only and purchase the book using the free trial credit, but of course, procrastinator me forgot to cancel the membership. Yup you read it right. I am now paying $23.94 monthly on books alone ($8.99 for Scribd and $14.95 for Audible) -_________-

My rating: 10/10
This book sets the standard so high for other biography. This man is both smart and funny. There's this one time where I laughed hysterically (sorry kereta sebelah you had to witness this), in my car, during peak hour, not caring even one bit about the building traffic due to road construction. I enjoyed traffic thanks to Trevor.
In a separate note, because I only listened to the audiobook, I am not so sure whether he's a good writer or a good storyteller. I wonder what it feels like to actually read the book using my own inner voice. Would the book be as good?
Things I picked up from the book
1. Good men are raised by queen. Trevor's mum is seriously the bom dot com. Patricia is strong, independent, live by principle, free spirited and at times, kind. She's such an inspiration. She's the reason Trevor is the Trevor we know today, gentleman and sweet. I remember watching his first Netflix standup thinking, wow this guy know how to respect women.
2. In some part of the world, domestic violence is still being brush off as nothing, even by the police officers. Take Patricia for example. She is strong. A woman like her will never ever put up with domestic violence. The first time it happened, she reported it straight away....but the police did nothing! In fact the police was like "You must did something to make him hit you. You must have made him angry,". grxcvifdngnvikjn. Even if she did, no reason is a valid reason to hit someone!
3. Know a lot of languages = social chameleon. People generally have some kind of attachment towards our own spoken language. In a foreign place, speaking the language is key. Although Trevor was always the strange one everywhere (for being coloured), he was able to survive anywhere because he knows a lot of language and dialect.
4. People spend too much time overthinking things, we lose a lot of chances along the way. Sometimes, good rare chances. (The story of Trevor and his first crush).
5. I want to emphasize once again, Patricia is Queen! She's my new role model.
Post a Comment