Blog Archive

SOCIAL MEDIA

A PHOTO A DAY

Wednesday, December 9, 2020


Assalamualaikum

I am currently trying to build a habit to take a photo/videos everyday. I decided to do so after Ayu pointed this out,

Her: Weh teruk gila phone kau. Semua gambar pokok je (plantzoo product shoot).

 

At the time, months had passed without a single photo on my life. When I reflected upon it, I realised, pre-Covid, I only took photos of me on the way to work, my life with my colleagues, outing with friends and family or trips. I almost never took any photos at home. So Covid = cannot go out = no photo

No wonder 2020 feels stagnant. I have no proof that I live through it!

So that's what I've been doing...take a photo everyday. I don't even care if it is not aesthetically pleasing (not that I know how to take good photos -_-). I just snap random moment, like....


That time when Yati send me a birthday cake and present

That rare moment when Faiz decided to cook for lunch (See what I mean by "I don't care if the picture looks good" lol

That time when I finally setup a proper home workstation

That time when I pretend that my new workstation has a direct correlation with my productivity

On rare occasion where I dressed up and go out (I don't like Covid but I must admit, I like this "mask on" new normal)

and many moreeeee private moments....it's been fun =P

***

On another note, I recently decided to journal again in Day One (last entry was in June oppss). Why do I feel the need to journal again? During the time when I did journal consistently, I realised that it has make me a more grateful person overall. I became more conscious of my life, I realised all the small details, the small joy and achievement, the little steps I took, which TBH, it'll otherwise overlooked if I don't process my day.

Journal helps me differentiate between having merely existed and actually living a life, which is something that I very much need this time around, to be aware of life.

If you don't know where to start, consider this 5 minutes AM and PM prompt I got of Day One and google.

5 minutes AM (as soon as you wake up)
  1. I dreamt about.....
  2. What would make today great?
  3. Daily affirmation.

 

5 minutes PM (before bed)
  1. Three things that happened today:
  2. How could I have made today better?
  3. Today I'm grateful for...

Or just use Day One :P. It's free (limited features).

I know some of my friends don't journal because they don't know what to write, even with the prompt, they have to think hard on what to pin down but babe, you don't have to be serious all the time. After all, this journal is for you and your eyes only. It's not like you're going to publish it anywhere.

For reference, this is my answer several days ago when I woke up really tired and lazy;

5 minutes AM (as soon as you wake up)
  1. I dreamt about.. goblet of fire
  2. What would make today great? If I work
  3. Daily affirmation. I am rajin

 

Lol. That was me trying to pujuk myself to wake up and work -_- Very short and malas answer :P 

Start somewhere. You'll soon realised how uplifting journaling is.

***

On another different note, pandemic has force me to re-organise my gallery, and then was when I discover pile of random videos waiting to be compiled. Here is the first one, sorry in advance for the poor quality.


Post a Comment