Blog Archive

SOCIAL MEDIA

To Allah we belong and unto Him is our return

Friday, April 27, 2012


Assalamualaikum. 

Yesterday, my primary school friend, close friend, passed away. Al- Fatihah.

I terkilan actually. Because I know he had an accident. I know. But I don’t care.

………………..

Maybe because recently my other close friend also got into an accident, and his friend were circulating news that he’s in ICU,parah, ada internal injury bagai. Tapi tak pun. He just when into ‘Wad Kecemasan dan Kritikal’.

People do you know what is ‘Wad Kecemasan dan Kritikal’? a ward for MINOR cases, MINOR injury. It really is not as bad as it sounds.

And when I heard the news, I panicked. Everyone was. His mother. His gf. His friends. His relative. But when we went to visit him the next day, we laughed. Because the news seriously, indah kabar dari rupa. Tak kritikal langsung. He can even walked to us when we were so blur, don’t know how to read signs and we can’t even find his room. The minute we saw him, me and Intan, laughed. out loud. Sebab orang kritikal boleh jalan. We know we were being insensitive, even he is not critical, he is still in pain but we just couldn’t help ourselves. Alhamdulillah he is okay but having ‘scratches’ here and there is very different than ‘critical’ my friend.

Sorry we laughed at you.

So when I received the news about Farhan’s accident, same story, critical and all, I don’t panic. I don’t even bother to ask people about his condition. Because I thought waw, people are going to overreact and circulate wrong info again.

And now his gone.

I’m sorry. I truly am.

……….

I am sorry for sharing this shameful side of me but we all need to know, ‘know’ may not be the right word because we all ‘know’ it, we just don’t ‘think’ about it, we tend to forget. People die. Any time. We, no I, should start appreciate people around me. We will never know, when they’re going to leave us, and I also don’t know when I’m going to leave them. To leave you. Maybe in 20 years time, maybe next year, next month, tomorrow, or maybe after I finish writing this post. I will never know. You will never know. Allah the Almighty is the one who knows. If He says the time is up, the time is up. Fullstop. No negotiating.

It got me thinking, how I want to die? How I want people to remember me?

I am still alive. Alhamdulillah. Allah still wants me to change, fix, or improve myself.  And what am I still doing with my life? Did I use the chance given by HIM appropriately?

Not everyone get second chance.

AthirahFauzi : I think people need to stop making fake or exaggerate stories. 

Post a Comment