Blog Archive

SOCIAL MEDIA

Modern Muslim

Saturday, February 8, 2014

Assalamualaikum. :)

'Athirah, though you wear tudung, you actually quite modern aaaa'

Said my non-muslim client.

I never get this before since I have always been surrounded by Muslim people throughout high school and uni (MRSM and UiTM), but now, every corner I go, people keep asking me about Muslim.

'Why some wear tudung while some not?'
'Why some sembahyang while some not?'
'Why some muslim drinks?'
'Why some muslim hold hands (non-muhrim)?'

I think we've been passing the wrong idea to non-muslim people out there.

Theories such as hijab is optional when it's obviously not! So now they think the ones not wearing is modern muslim while the ones wearing, old minded muslim.

I think it's time for us to take our job as Muslim representative seriously. Maybe, we should start with this,

everytime you want to do something, ask,

'Will Allah be pleased?'
'Is this what Nabi Muhammad taught us?'
'Is this what Muslim should do?'

You don't have to take extreme measures. start small. but do it continuously. Istiqamah.

I should start too.

Post a Comment