Blog Archive

SOCIAL MEDIA

Please give me back my parents

Saturday, May 30, 2015

Assalamualaikum

I hate technology. It changes my parents....in a bad way. They just don't put down their phone anymore.

Nowadays, I started my day with morning kisses from my mom with her cuddling me in one hand and holding her phone in the other. It doesn't feel sincere anymore. Sometimes, I think she's doing it cause she's used to it, no more because of love.

Evening, things I'd saw countless of time when I reached home after work: my father lying in his special sofa with a phone in his hand and my mom lying there besides him playing two dots. waw waw. wasn't that true love?

and even when we went for our Cameron trip, we had to stop walking for several times cause suddenly we realise, my mom was faaaaaarrrrrrrrr behind cause she'd stopped some when before to reply to her schoolmates group whatsapp.

T___________T 

It's karma hitting back right at me. 

Whenever I feel a little hurt by what my parents have become due to mobile data, I almost can see my teenage days flashes in front of me (either that or I'd now started imagining things) 

Honestly, I was worse. I locked myself in my room, spent hours in front of my laptop, completely ignored everyone around me. During those times, I must have hurt my parents the same way, padan muka

Allah pays cash. *sigh*

My mom must have been lonely. She's a housewife. She has nobody. Her life revolves mostly around us, her family. Sadly, we never had time for her. I used to get angry at my mom when she wanted to chat when I was on my computer. I was like 'ok nantilah cerita mak.Sekarang busy ni.' huh. Now who says girls/women are good listeners? I am 100% sure i'm not one.

***

Anyway, I hope this is only a phase. They'll get tired of it right? right? Can I hope? I want my parents back!

Post a Comment