Blog Archive

SOCIAL MEDIA

Kids need TV

Thursday, November 12, 2015

Assalamualaikum

Our annual dinner theme this year was "Magical Night". To spice things up, the MC asked random questions before giving out lucky draw prizes. One of it was a video of a train and the questions was 

"Which platform to use to board the train?"

U can actually hear all the generation Y-ers go "duh" and of course soon enough someone run to the MC with the correct answer. It's so obvious I even asked Del "Eleeeehhh siapa tak tau?" when suddenly one of our tablemate went,

"How did she know the answer?"

I was like WHAT?! WHAT?! YOU DON'T KNOW PLATFORM 9 3/4???? When we told him it's from Harry Potter he was like "ohhhhh, I didn't watch that," which earned another WHAAT? in my head plus I disapprove his use of the word "that" for Harry Potter. This is not some normal show, this is HARRY POTTER for crying out loud!

To his defense, he's old. He's from Star Wars generation.

Speaking of which, I remember having the same taptappeh (frustrating) moment when I was younger. One of the questions for RM1,000 in Who Wants to be a Millionaire? was

"Who's the villain in Pokemon?"

The guy used 2 of his precious chances for this question!!! Me and my brothers were screaming the answer! So frustrating. If we were there we would have won the thousand!

#privilegeofbeingakid

P/S: See Emak, moments like this is the reason I need to watch a lot of TV. :P

Post a Comment