Blog Archive

SOCIAL MEDIA

WHAT HAPPEN IN 2015?

Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Assalamualaikum

I would like to say nothing change...which is a bummer...but no, things do change.

1. I took a big step to change my job

It's not a major career change. I am still doing accounting and ermm sort of auditing. What changes is the people I mix in with everyday. First and most obvious difference is nationality. Back in my old job, we had mostly locals and in very rare cases, some other asian colleagues as well whereas in my new job, we had so many nationality I can't even count. Secondly, it's about the age group. Normal in audit firm to have very young employees who mostly in their first job phase whereas in my new company, people are a bit more experience and older. A lot of kids and family talk as opposed to hang out places.

2. Got promoted within a year

I am proud of myself...not everyone get this. but hmmm...ever since that Nourman Ali lecture, I've been thinking a lot. Yes, I excel in what I do and I take work responsibility seriously. I give my all when it comes to work but the thing is...is skilled worker really what I want to be?

2. I am home.

Home is finally my home. I am permanently here. Speaking of which, my other stay-with-parent friend decided to move out and is currently looking for places to stay. When I asked why, she say she got tired of arguing with her parents. haha. well I got that moment too! I once search for studio apartment to stay after arguing with my father. but nah, still here but the struggle is definitely real!

Post a Comment