Assalamualaikum
Work has been good as of late...and by good I mean minimal workload. I am currently deadline-free which is why I have more time to be here now. :D well that's a lie. I actually write here more often when I am super busy because this is a good distraction.
The difference it makes this time is I have A LOT of time to observe people around me and I noted several points:
1. For starters, me and my colleague, we all agree that WOMAN is a better employee whereas MAN is a better boss.
See what I just did? I purposely say we all because I don't want you to think I'm making this conclusion all by myself which is not! :D From OUR point of view, women are more perfectionist, meticulous and responsible than men. We strive for perfection every single time we do something. We want everything to be aligned and matched even up to decimal points. Which is why we make good employees. Our working paper is easier on any one's eyes. Men on the other hand, don't care much about the process. As long as the end figures look good, it's ok to them nevermind the messy working paper. All the more reason why they're a good boss. Things get settle faster.
Which makes me ask this question..promotions are given based on performance, and in a company that doesn't care about people's gender like mine, I can see that a lot of leads and managers are mostly women. Heck our head of Financial Hub is a woman..so a lot of women are bosses now...which is the wrong territory if they keep their attitude. I am not saying women cannot be leaders, I am saying when we become bosses, we have to learn to adapt. We somehow have to learn from men...let loose and be flexible!
2. The quality of the workforce is deteriorating.
For this point, our seniors might have been laughing hysterically at us by now. What goes around comes around. When we Gen-Yers started graduating and invade their territory, We gave them headaches with our not-so-good work attitude. Now I guess, it's our time to pay our dues. People whine too much nowadays!!!! Too little work they complain, too much work they complain, too too much work they run. WTH. and I seriously think nobody nowadays know how to "work with minimum supervision" anymore.
Oh by the way, this reminds me that I myself have to toughen up and not run at first sign of trouble. I vow that if I decided to move on, it's not because I'm having problem with the company. I hope I'll do it because I want to widen my exposure.
3. People in audit moving to MNC
My company mostly hires people from audit background. I've seen a lot of the kind. As one myself, I have to tell you, stop dreaming! I get it, people in audit is in a supreme level of busy-ness. All they can think of is when will this suffering ends? When will I have a life like my non-busy clients? I totally get it...but don't live in such delusional world. Joining MNC doesn't guarantee you you'll get your dream 8-5. Life outside of audit can be busy too. I've seen people coming and leaving in a short period of time just because "this is not what I expect". well people, don't have expectation covered with cotton candy.
Some even delusional expectation I heard was something like this,
"Considering my impressive background, I want to be in a high position, with little responsibility, get to leave work at 5 and still get paid handsomely"
delulu.
To conclude, I know we all have our own ideal, realistic way of living our life. It's okay...but don't expect others to understand it too. You, yourself have to work for what you want. E.g. if 8-5 is what you want, be sure to include it on your resume. Let people know you want 8-5 no negotiation. Don't be a hypocrite during the interview then later say something like "this is not what I expect". You are your own boss remember. Design your path and lead your own way. Seriously, stop expecting someone to do it for you.
Post a Comment