Blog Archive

SOCIAL MEDIA

UPDATE ON 2016 RESOLUTION : READ 26 BOOKS

Friday, June 3, 2016

Assalamualaikum

We had a discussion on why we all read lesser books than what we're used to and we all agree it was because of our smartphones. They're so convenient. They're always there, with us, 24/7...we want them, just grab them. As opposed to books. Books took so much effort. First, you have to search for them, dust them, find good place with good lighting then only you can start to read. This process took at least 5 minutes.

I guess this must be the reason why digital books are much more popular lately. They see the potential of our portable devices and they exploit them. Good businessmen they are. They calculated everything except for one thing, women's emotional and sentimental state.

Women, being sentimental creatures that we are, loves physical books better than digital ones...well, at least people in my circle are. Among all my friends, almost all women likes physical books and surprisingly, almost all men likes digital books. Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, remember?

The smell of new papers, the tingling feeling you felt as you touch the book's cover, it's weight, the satisfying feeling of looking, staring at your mini library knowing you've read those books...you can't beat that. :))))) though Farid came and point at each one's of my books and said "pembunuh pokok" repeatedly.  whatevsss pfftttt!



"Read 26 books in 2016"

That's one of my new years resolution for this year...I borrowed (more like copied) this resolution from Azreen. Her resolution is to read as much books as her age..so get it? 26 years equal 26 books. I am slightly distracted earlier this year but I'm hoping that I would focus for this coming months.

Pray for me guys!

Post a Comment