Assalamualaikum
Compared to last year, a lot of things happen this year...especially in the second half (the first half I lived for Reply remember?)...so lets go through them shall we.
I gain a lot of new friends this year. From work, through mutual interest, friends of friends, reconnecting with old friends...I've been blessed, Alhamdulillah. I don't make friends easily and my personality is not that good so to have these people accept me as their friends....is really an honour.
Secondly, feelings, relationship and delulu-ness fall apart for me and my friends. I accepted reality. My friend had her heart broken for the first time. My other friend broke up with her long time boyfriend. My other friend woke up from long time one-sided love....things have not been well for a lot of us in 2016. However, I think it's a good thing, at least for me. For the first time in my life, I'm going to enter a new year, with clear mind and emotion.
Family wise, all of us found new hobbies. Well, more like me, Emak and Abah. Emak is into flowers and gardening these days (she wasn't before so who say this is natural for women?) and Abah reconnected with his old hobby with animals. He now has several hens and roosters, fishes and even bees. Me, I'm now into cactus and succulents! really really into it...more on this on another blog post. We can finally installed Streamyx (we can't before, our neighbourhood port was full boooo!) at home so Farid and Faiz have been reconnecting with their online games (if this counts as hobby) and as for Dik Yah, well, does she has a hobby asides from K-pop and dramas? I wonder. oh and Dik Yah started going to college and Farid graduated! when did they become so big!
I went to a concet for the first time! It was awesome! I traveled a lot both locally and internationally.
As for the best drama I watched this year, everyone knows it's Reply 1988 but aside from that, I really love Signal. It's a combination of everything I originally like in a drama/series. Crime fighting, mystery solving and korean writers (so much respect!).
and here is what didn't happen.
Firstly, I haven't quit my job. Lost the timing after my lead gave me good rating during performance evaluation. She told me this big story of how in order for me to get that rating she had to really fight for me when all the higher ups ask her to amend it....and me, being the lembik hearted me, fall for it and the history repeats itself. Work become more challenging than ever, and she resign. -_____________________- I was con right?
Secondly, I am still not a writer. I have always wanted to be one and I told Ayu that if I get a new laptop, I would start to write right away and she'll have the honour to read the first draft. I bought a new laptop this year....still, no complete draft. I have several chapters here and there but everything is so random that if I ever decided to put all the chapters together, nothing fit. Countless time I think to myself, is this not for me? So far, I haven't give up on this yet.
***
I survived 2016, so 2017, bring it on!

Post a Comment