Blog Archive

SOCIAL MEDIA

First Concert

Friday, January 27, 2017

Assalamualaikum

If you follow me on Instagram, you would have known that I ended 2016 with Akdong Musician's concert...my first concert, in history!! and I am glad that I did it with them, the one and only, super talented Akdong Musician....ok to be honest, I've always thought that my first would be Bigbang but life doesn't always go your way so I live with what I can get....not that these Akdong sibling is not good, in fact, I am a huge fan of their voice and songs but you know, nothing compares to Bigbang....this right here, is unconditional love :P

However, as much as I love any person/group, I don't love them enough to spend hundreds of ringgit just for a concert. Unless if I have a lot of money to the point where I have extras after buying all the things I need and want, then I'll start going to concert. For now, it's always a battle between saving for travel and going to concert. Travel always wins! I guess I really do love myself the most in this whole wide world. :P

So how come this cheapskate girl got to go to a concert, and not just anyone, Akdong Musician's concert you ask, because it's free!!! How I get it is a long story but the point is it is free!!! I can finally go to a concert....wehoooooo!


The minute I walk in, I have an aha moment. I finally understood why people insist on going to this kind of event when they can just watch it comfortably through live stream or youtube or buy a cd or something. I have a friend, Nadia, who's a big fan of Bigbang, she went to every single one of Bigbang's concerts. You know how concerts would normally be held for around 2 or 3 days in a venue..This friend of mine, what she did is, she went to all of them! all! so when I say she went to every single one I am not exaggerating. However, now I get it, I get why she's so obsess with it.

The overall experience is just so overwhelming. It was a standing concert so everything was set up in a cool way which I would love if I am standing right in front of the stage but since ours were free, we're at the faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar end...this didn't seems to bother 174.5cm Farid but me, haihhhhh I jengket a lot that day but anything for Akdong Musician is worth it.:P if you know Akdong Musician really well, their vocal is no joke. There were moments where I caught myself thinking "this can't be live...nobody can be this good," but they do, they are really that good.....and as a bonus, they also sang covers of other YG's artist song and surprise surprise, that includes Taeyang's Eyes Nose Lips! I am one enthusiastic happy fan that night. I don't even care that Farid was behind me, gazing disapprovingly.


This is the only picture I managed to capture after busily dancing here and there...How did people managed to insta story their concerts is still a mystery to me. How can you do that in between of having fun?

Btw, guess who I met at the concert? Nadia! (no surprise there)

and oh, I learnt something new about my mother that day. My mom, she knows a lot more than I think she is. While we were leaving, we just told her we're going to a Korean singer's concert we didn't tell her who because I don't think she knows any to begin with. Once we reached home, she asked....

Emak: Kumpulan mana?
Me: Bukan kumpulan mana-mana pun. Diorang dua orang adik beradik. Sorang laki sorang perempuan..
Emak: Oh yang ni yang masuk pertandingan nyanyi nyanyi tu kan! Yang sorang tu asyik pakai spec besar tu kan (she's describing Chanhyuk)
Me: *speechless*

Even just now, she asks us who is Kim Tae Hee and Rain. World has evolves guys.

In case you haven't got the chance to come across Akdong Musician,I finish off my post with this Eyes Nose Lips cover by Akdong Musician, enjoy



Post a Comment