[Entry written on a sleeper bus back in Phnom Penh)
***
Assalamualaikum
Guess what? I am drafting this on a sleeper bus!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am on my way back to Ho Chi Minh from Mui Ne now. I am supposed to sleep but how can I, after yesterday 18 hours of sleep, if I sleep some more consider me dead guys. :P
And oh btw although I am writing and finishing this now, in order not to worry my parents, this will only be posted once I am back in Malaysia. (and here we are, 6 months later -_____-)
Today, we’re taking the same company as yesterday, it’s a slightly older bus but overall feel and experience is still the same. So if I were to recommend a bus company, go with Tam Hanh Travel. They provide water and blanket too. Their staff, they are not that great but they guided us well. Trust me, we have met several bad bus staffs to know that Tam Hanh hire better staffs.
***
Siem Reap > Phnom Penh > Ho Chi Minh > Mui Ne
In one day! Phewwhh....yesterday was a really long day. We took mostly sleeper bus and since curently I am on my 4th sleeper bus, I guess, I am now, sort of a sleeper bus expert. Allow me to share some tips.
The good
For a long journey, you can rest comfortably. My first bus ride in Cambodia, I slept throughout the whole journey! okay maybe not throughout…I woke up several times but that was because it was a bit cramped and I wanted to change position but each position change took me only about a nano second before I was off to another lalaland.
Having said all this, this wasn’t even the best sleeper bus that I took. The best one was our third bus last night on our way to Mui Ne from Ho Chi Minh. It’s a new bus and the space was just awesome! The first bus I mentioned, the size, it’s perfect for me…but Amir, he’s a bit taller so I think he had some problem with leg space…but this second bus, the leg space was just amazing! It’s very spacious that I don’t feel cramp at all and this time, seriously, I slept throughout the whole journey!!!
Us at the end of our 6 hours journey all bloated and puffy
The bad
Urghhhhh……I can’t even begin. The thing about sleeper bus is, if you’re booking through travel agents, there really is no way to tell which bus company they use unless you ask them. So please ask! And make sure you make a lot of research on which is good which is bad before diving in. We did that mistake in Cambodia. We trusted our travel agent, who btw is a super nice guy. I wanted to write a good review on him but the bus company he chooses....uweeekkkk.
Our first sleeper bus was booked through him and the overall experience was okay but the second and fifth bus (yup you read it right….2 busses! We’re really that easy to manipulate) were just a disaster.
From Siem Reap to Phnom Penh, we were supposed to take a single seating sleeper bus but the bus that came to pick us up was a double sleeper bus…Rather than single seat, we were given two queen size bed, for the four of us (3 women 1 man). So there stood me, Atin, Ayu and Amir, staring at each other, trying to make sense of this absurdity. All sort of prayers came to our mind and after a lot of complain and thankfully the bus was not full, Amir and Atin managed to get two separate bed all together while I was with Ayu.
Naive me thought this was the worst that could happen. so naive.
While Ayu was adjusting the aircond knob, a used condom felt from it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whaaaatttt the………….euwwwwwwwww. excuse me guys, I want to go puke.
Naive me thought this was the worst that could happen. so naive.
While Ayu was adjusting the aircond knob, a used condom felt from it!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Whaaaatttt the………….euwwwwwwwww. excuse me guys, I want to go puke.
Eeeeuuuuuwwwwwwwwwwwww
Eeeeuuuuuwwwwwwwwwwwww
Eeeeuuuuuwwwwwwwwwwwww
If you know me you would have known that I am a very imaginative person. I imagine things vividly and in detailed manner. So there goes the most awkward, uncomfortable 6 hours of my life. If that thing was brought and used on our bed, meaning eeeeuuuuuuuwwwwwwww.
So yup, don’t go for double sleeper bus. Even if you travel with your partner, for sanitary reason, just go for single sleeper bus! I can't sleep at all but Ayu, she slept like a baby. I remember hating her for that. Only in the morning I knew that when it happened, she didn't have her contact lenses on so lucky her! I saw everything, every bit of it, eeeuuuwwwwrrrggghhh.
***
While we're on a roll here, let me share another depressing thing we face while on the trip.
Remember how I told you we were con by that travel agent? On our way to Ho Chi Minh, we were supposed to ride a VIP bus. Think bus with double seat on the right and single on the left like what we have in Malaysia. That bus. Oh we rode a VIP bus alright....but our seat, well, see it for yourself
Blurry picture but I still want to show you guys, kayu ok! Kayu tegak dan keras untuk 6 jam ok. 6 jam -__________- You can't do anything about this seat. You can't even lean on it because if you do, you'll get a headache and no leaning means no sleep and no sleep means grumpy me and grumpy me means unrecognisable me...haha! We were so selekeh that day, we almost can't enter vietnam...our passport with clean look doesn't match our appearance at that moment! Not just me, all four of us! The confuse look on that imigration guy was so funny I would have recorded it if I could what a shame. =P
To top it off, the bus guy was a grumpy teenager who can't speak english. -_____- We asked him something once in english, he walked away, grumpily. what the...I get it, he might not understand english but don't be so rude....Throughout the journey, instructions he gave were all in Vietnamese and he avoided our eye. Then when we don't follow his instruction, he grumpily scold us, in Vietnamese! -______________-
What an experience.
What an experience.



Post a Comment