Assalamualaikum
While cleaning my desktop, I found a folder called "xxx farewell" omg can't believe I forgot to blog about that! That is like the biggest news ever in my SLB journey. haih. Need to fix my procrastination habit pronto.
Anyway, what happened was I was involved with my HOD's farewell party! I was given not just any task, I did her farewell video! FAREWELL VIDEO guys VIDEO! haha you might have found my excitement a little bit over, but you don't know meeeee. Creative works is my forte. Not a lot of people know this but I love playing with video or picture editors, doodle apps, website building editors....I could play with them for hours but what even my best friends don't know, I have some sort of trauma when it comes to creative works. It all started when I was in high school. I've drafted a post telling you guys all about the trauma. I'll share it with you guys when I am ready. <3
So because of the trauma, all my creative activities are kept hidden from the outside world. So when Daniel approached me asking for help, I was shocked. One, I wasn't even the farewell committee, 2ndly I never told anyone at work about this and 3rdly, I have my trauma remember? He say he heard from someone who heard from someone that I love to do this stuff. Who is this someone??!
I said no in the beginning but Daniel was desperate. After several discussion, of course, the lembik hati me, agreed with one small condition, I am not presenting the video to the committee he has to do it.
With that, we begin brainstorming ideas. He told me the concept he had in mind I told him what kind of shoot I wanted. We worked on it for around one month. It wasn't smooth sailing though. Several times, we have to rearrange everything just because they wanted to include more people in it. When we politely told them that we'd arranged everything already so adding even one more person to the video will distort the whole flow, they ridiculed us, they kept saying that video editing should be easy, "cut video, put music, done". zzzzzzzzzzzz. Once, I put on my best smile, using the sweetest tone, "oh if it is so easy then maybe you can do it," nobody replied. tau pun. Some people should really just close their mouth don't you think?.
With difficulties, we finished the task, with major success. My former HOD kept mentioning the video and how she was so touched by it, my current HOD was happy too (and I believe he's slightly expected us to do the same for his farewell too) and my manager, he's happy cause he's earning good points (since I am his staff) from current HOD and to top it all, SLB has this application called dropfile, you'll get notifications if someone downloaded your file and we got multiple downloads for the video!
It has been awhile since I show everyone my work and getting good replies from it, of course I am happy. I guess this must have been what it feels like for other creative people when someone recognise and understand their work. Why was I so afraid?
Post a Comment