Blog Archive

SOCIAL MEDIA

Social media clense

Wednesday, October 18, 2017


Assalamualaikum

Unlike previously, this time, it happen more naturally. I didn't deactivate anything. All my social media accounts are still very much there but I don't post as often as I do before. I've even archived all my pictures that show my face..the clear ones at least.

Why?

Because of all those sihir story that's why! haha. Like anyone would do that to me hahaha. Jokes aside, it is scary. I thought that us millennium generation won't do those things...apparently, I thought wrong but although being scared of these things is not the actual reason for my cleansing, I started to think deeper about my life and social media because of those stories.



Over the years, the way I handle my social media account have change. I no longer post just for my own satisfaction....for my own memory...or to update my friends about my life. I don't realise this until recently but now, I seek people's approval on my photos, on my life. I care about the amount of views/likes/comments I'd received. I post only good things, sometime I even fake the good things,, it's awful, I know. I even post selfies!!! why? the heck?

No offense against selfie, in fact, I'll continue to post selfies in this blog, I'll continue to write about my life, about personal stuff in this blog, but that's the thing, with this blog, my update doesn't appear on anyone's feed or wall.Yes, it's here but you need to practically type my blog url onto the browser to actually see my narcissist moment it's so much effort! And even if you do it, you'll either my family or my really close friends whose curious about me and what I write and if you decided to stay after reading all these boring long random posts, wow, you really do love me aren't you? hehe.

So my new resolution with my social media accounts is to post less...Less personal stuff...let's see if I succeed. :P

Post a Comment