Blog Archive

SOCIAL MEDIA

Age of Youth 2

Sunday, October 15, 2017



Assalamualaikum

Though I am in a drama slump right now, there's no way I am going to miss Age of Youth 2. It's a no brainer that I'll join this drama fever considering that the first season was my favourite from 2016. What I did not expect is, I am going to fall hard, harder than I did with the first season. #withdrawalsyndrome

Just like the Reply series, Age of Youth just keep getting better, with each season (see what I just did? I am praying for a third season! haha). 


What make this drama so special? The imperfect character with realistic problems and the open ended ending. I say realistic because well, what they went through, their struggle with friendship, relationship, family issues, it can happen to anyone...anywhere...not the typical birth secret, my mother is not my mother my mother is actually some rich lady who abandon me at birth but now wants me back crap; it is also not a story about how my father murder your family thing because what are the chances of you actually falling in love with the son of the person who ruin your family? I'd say less than 1% but no, in dramaland, it happens a lot; and don't get me started on the rich man meet poor girl, rich man fall in love with poor girl, happily ever -_______________-

What was I saying? oh....realistic story line...yes that...Jin Myung struggle with keeping distance from people at work, Ye Eun struggle to get back into society after an abusive relationship, Ji Won struggle with childhood trauma, Eun Jae struggle to get over her first love, and Eun struggle for affection and broken friendship....all these struggle, we sometime struggle for it too, hence, realistic. And about the open ended ending, I know some people hate it. Dramas are supposed to give you happy ending. Everything tie nicely in a pretty pink bow. Like somehow, this is it...starting from this point onwards, there is nothing but happiness in our character's future....but that's the thing. Life does not stop...until you die....If we're given happy ending, we didn't realise that that happy ending, is not really an ending...It is just a small tiny happy moment in a big box we call life. Life will go on....and Age of Youth teaches us that. With that open ending, the characters would either live happily ever after or will continue to make mistakes, fall and learn from it, again, that's life, we never know the future, we can hope, but we can't know for sure.


Although.....well......Ji Won and Sungmin is still not a couple, not even a tiny confession....seriously writer? would it kills you to at least slip in one tiny impromptu confession.....but that's just my immature self talking. The mature, more reasonable adult side of me would agree with where things are....for now.....and Sungmin words about "Is a lover better than a friend?" I keep wondering about the same too...things are perfect just the way they are...again, for now....if you tell me one year from now they're still in this friendzone hole, I might just fly to korea and practically stalk the writer till she make it happen!

Post a Comment