[Bercuti ke Japan (Permulaan Musim Bunga) 2017 - Hari Ketibaan]
Full itinerary here
Assalamualaikum
We arrived in Tokyo quite late so we were in a rush to go to Ikebukuro and after we went up from the train station, we got lost. There was no one around to ask too because it was late. On that empty Japan street, we just stood there, trying to read the map that we're holding. Well, normally, I can read maps quite well, but, this is Japan we're talking about. Even if you have a perfectly functioning google maps or waze on your phone, the streets or the shops were translated to English, when in reality, everything is in Japanese!
Just then, a girl walked to a convenience store near us. We literally ran to her to ask for help which now that I have time to think about it, we were quite rude to interrupt her like that. Should have let her finished what she's doing first before we budge in but again, lost, desperate, cold we were not thinking straight. What make us feel even guiltier, she stopped everything she was doing and offered to walk us to our Airbnb apartment. Like whaaattt? no please no. We had already took lots of her time with our rude-budging now she wanted to give us more with sending us to our apartment? no thanks please just show us the way....but the girl insisted. She was persistent. In the end we just let her.
Little did we know, this is the first of many many more "let me send you there," the people there did for us. Japanese, they are really really nice! It's a whole different experience interacting with them. I mean, I have been to several countries (Malaysia included) and for now, I think, Japanese are the most helpful. Again, everyone was just really really nice and soft spoken.
So back to the girl, she's not Japanese, plot twist! =P She's actually Taiwanese and she's been travelling alone, I think, for around two weeks at that time. That doesn't sit well with us because 1. She's travelling alone to a foreign country (respect!) 2. Remember when we met her? She was walking alone, late at night, on a foreign country! Was she not afraid at all?
She brushed it off, like "meh", nonchalantly!
Post a Comment