Assalamualaikum
When Sumit asked me what I'll be doing on the long weekend (Christmas weekend), I excitedly say Melaka! Sumit, having only been in Malaysia for two months asked me,
"Where is that?"
"It's in Malaysia. two hours drive from here,"
"What is there?"
"Historical buildings! All the buildings are old building...okay maybe not all...but some parts of the city....they preserve the buildings from our pre-independent days. It is so pretty. You can google it, M-A-L-A-C-C-A (english sangat kau jah),"
***
Fast forward today (23/12, 12.58 pm), I am still in my PJs in my hotel room. If only he knew. -____- This trip is not as fancy as I told him to be. Yes, Melaka is still very pretty but no, I don't come here for sight seeing. When Ayu asked me to teman her for her office retreat in Melaka...I hesitated...She'll be there for a retreat so her schedule is pack till at least 6 in the evening, so what am I going to do alone?
Then 6 or 7 reminders pop up from my Wunderlist app; my 2017 goals is due, in 15 days........6 to 7 tasks left! What have I been doing with my life?! (dramatic much)
So I said okay to Ayu. I needed the time alone, away from usual distraction I have at home; tv and good internet connection. If I remember correctly, hotels rarely have good internet connection. In those time where I will be left alone, I could at least write one blog post on Japan or finish one book. I can do this.
Well, that did not happen. I thought wrong! When was the last time I stayed in a Malaysian hotel anyway? So so long ago! I don't know that hotels have good connection these days! cue; streaming Bright from Netflix.
So now I am typing my guilt......which is also another distraction. why am I still not writing about Japan? and I can't believe you finish reading this post...which basically is about nothing...do you need distraction from your real life responsibilities too? =P
Post a Comment