Blog Archive

SOCIAL MEDIA

Best thing you could do to make others change

Friday, February 9, 2018


is to pray. lol.

Advice? nagging? All of that won't work if the person itself, doesn't want to change. Read them inspirational quotes, give them a book,  show them hundreds of TED talk, dragged them to useful activities....you can literally try everything, but if the person you're trying to help, doesn't want your help, doesn't even want to change, you're just wasting you're energy.

That's why for me, the best way to ask a person to change, is to ask God to move that person's heart towards the better path. However, this doesn't mean that you should give up on them. Don't. You should still be there for them, care for them. You should keep doing good yourself. Leading by example and with God's will, they'll come through. When it happen, they'll ask for your advice and this time, they will listen, because they genuinely ask for it.

I find this most effective rather than you keep giving your advice then you get upset when that person doesn't listen to you. I mean, of course he won't, he didn't ask for it in the first place!


Why am I writing about this.

Because I got angry when one of my friend didn't listen when I asked him to lose weight. haha. talk about being inconsistent. My friend is big. I mean I am fat too but not that big. He is big big. Coming from a family who have history of Diabetes, I got super attentive and nosy when I think someone is not watching their diet. I am sorry for generalising but a big person has higher chances of getting Diabetes! I nag and nag and nag him but of course, since he never asked for my advise, he just lalalalalalalala~ everything I told him....ish budak ni. When I asked him does he not fear for his future, the medical implication, his respond was, "tak pe aku ade medical card,"

What the......that's not even the point.....xdfjfgogjwidsgjlbvbnrmgx

-______________-

cool Athirah cool. 

Post a Comment