Blog Archive

SOCIAL MEDIA

Sheila On 7 in da house yall

Friday, May 25, 2018


Assalamualaikum

[10 February 2018] It was a normal Saturday...no it's not. It's the Saturday I met Sheila on 7!!!!!!

It was supposed to be just me and Ayu but Alya decided to join later that Friday. Thankfully ya amat weeeehhhhhh. If not, I would be alone to face then bad mood Ayu because we reached the venue late! This is so not me because unless I wanted to be late, I always almost on time to everything but that day, damn was I super late and thankfully though, Alya reached much later than I was. :P When we finally united with Ayu after the longgggg queue, we quickly said sorry (act cute and everything) but she was still very sullen about the whole scenario. Alya and I just quietly tailed her wherever she went. Luckily, she took the higher road and started to talk to us in the event hall. phewh!


The concert was great. Duta is still handsome and energetic as always. His voice is still as powerful as his younger self, all in all, we had a great time. It was fun singing along to the songs we grew up with like Dan, Sephia, Melompat Lebih Tinggi, Berhenti Berharap, Hari Bersamanya and manyyyyy more! It felt like I hopped on a time machine and were back to the early 2000. Needless to say, I'd recharged quite well that day. Thanks SO7! Come again to Malaysia!


Having said all that, Alya, a concert virgin, told us why she shy away from concerts before, she said, the whole wild setting makes her uncomfortable. The only reason she decided to go to Sheila On 7 ones was because they are from Indonesia, how wild could it be.

Well, I had similar concern before. What I can say for now, as a slightly conservative muslim, I would suggest you to go with your same gender friends only, meaning if you are a girl, go with girls only and vice versa. Why am I saying this? Because I've seen too many mix group of muslim friends that started the concert conservatively, maintaining their halal gap and all, started to hug each other halfway, and by the end of the concert, they were already kissing each others cheek. I'm not judging. I know for a fact that loud musics, low lights combined with adrenaline do that to people. In that moment, everything feels right. However, this is just my opinion and for now, I don't trust myself enough to go with mix group. If you can control yourself who am I to say otherwise? :P

Post a Comment