Blog Archive

SOCIAL MEDIA

DIGITAL JOURNALING VS PAPER JOURNALING

Wednesday, November 28, 2018


Assalamualaikum

I admit defeat. After years of trying to maintain a classic paper journal, I succumb to the digital world. #shameonme In my defense, I tried really hard...I tried to make it smaller (A6 and below) to ease carrying it around, I try dot journaling so that I can custom made each page, I tried everythingggg. However, nothing beats the convenience of a smartphone. Damn it, is paper journaling dying? Is it going to disappear like how Walkman disappear?  Man, am I going to like the future?

Enough dwelling, so here we are, apps that help me convert to digital journaling:

1. Blogger (Public journaling)

This is not an app but it forms part of the whole "digital journaling" experience. haha. If you've notice, I've been blogging a lot more this year...1) Out of fear that I lose precious memories 2)I've been writing less on my journal. Blogger is so much more convenient. If I were to continue writing on a journal, I have to wait until late at night, before I go to bed to write it at home whereas blogger, I can blog from work, when I need to take some time off from work (ssshhh) or while waiting for traffic to clear up. It is just so easy (although it would help a lot more if blogger were to have some sort of mobile app or something).

2. Habitify (RM24.90) (Habit tracker)

 
I used to use Habitify but when I see Raja Sarina use Momentum (RM19.90) #mudahterpengaruh., I converted to Momentum but now I am trying Productive. haha. such a long way for just a habit tracker -_-". Momentum is clearer, I think...very user friendly and is easier to navigate. However, Habitify wins for me because of the extensive graph they have. Plus, it never crash on me. I remember my first day with Momentum, the app crashed! As for Productive, they bill you yearly zzzzz bye Productive back with Habitify.

3. Fantastical 2 for Iphone (RM19.90) (Calendar)

The only reason I use this one as opposed to the normal Calendar app that phones have is because it looks like this:
My events would be nicely displayed on the landing page itself, I can just scroll through it. Whereas with the Calendar app, I need to click on a specific date to know what I have schedule for that day.

4. Day One (RM19.90) (Journaling)

As part of my social media rehab, I have been using my Day One apps to jot down things that I would like to remember. Basically, it's a journaling app. The main page is a calendar where you can click to view or write entries. This helps a lot if you would like to keep random memories. I used it for 1.) My daily gratitude list 2.) Random stuff that I would post on an insta stories before 3.) Things that I would like to keep private (meaning cannot blog) 4.)Travel diary. 

5. Wunderlist (Free for basic use) (To-do-list/Any list)

Where I keep my yearly goal. This is just me being mengada. Whatever I use the app for, can simply be done using a basic notes app that all phones have.

6. Fitbit (free with fitbit tracker) (fitness tracker)

Just because I have a fitbit. haha. This replace paper journaling for the water intake area and period tracker.

7. IOU(I Owe You) - Track Money (RM3.90) (Debt reminder)

I always forget how much I owe someone so this app helps me remember.

***

So that's it...All the apps that I use to replace paper journaling. :)

Post a Comment