Blog Archive

SOCIAL MEDIA

SEXUAL HARASSMENT

Thursday, November 15, 2018


Assalamualaikum


I have been meaning to write about this for quite some time already, ever since YB Nurul Izzah's case, but hello, all please bow to this Queen of Procastination. Something happen last week that reminded me of this overdue blog post, I thought I better get it out of my system before I forget, again.

There is not a single woman who has never been sexually harassed
Young, old, thin, plump, dark skin, light skin, covered, exposed; No matter who we are or what we do, everyone has at least one or two experiences of them being sexually harassed. It ranges from something you deem small like a guy accidentally bumped into you in a crowded bus to something big like, rape. Ask the women you have in your life, you'll be surprised.

They asked for it. Look at the way they dress.
Newsflash, covered women got sexually harassed too. One of my fully covered friend received a "terkam kau boleh?" from a male colleague just because she looks like the guy's wife (plot thicken: the wife was pregnant at the time). In YB Nurul Izzah's harassment article, One women shared her experience of being sexually harassed while in Mecca. -______-  In high school, one of my friend received this remark, "sexy doh kau punya buku lali," she was wearing socks!!!
Why so serious? It's just a joke. Chill lah
Huh. no. Something offensive is not a joke. For this, I am sorry guys, I know sometimes it was really a joke. Something that you did with no harm intention, something that for you is not a big deal, a joke. Newsflash, it's offensive and it makes us uncomfortable.

Take catcalling for example. Those "Assalamualaikum, tak jawab dosa,"  , "sorang je?", "feeeewit," or something that were in trend when I was in high school, where bunch of seniors would sang this song loudly "Hey kau yang berjalan seorang disitu, tunggu, aku mahu mengenali kamu, jangan buat tak tahu, janganlah dikau membisu, kamu telah memanahku," , "cantik menarik tertarik kau memang daboom,"

sejak bila aku panah kau?

I know right, simple. This is considered simple compared to the other cat calling such as "spread that leg girl," , "oh nice ass," , "woah big tits," I hope, this second list of examples is clear to you that they are sexual harassments. If not, errrmmm, sila meninggal? As for the first list, to most of you, they were jokes. takkan tu pun nak terasa, relax ah. Hurm, imagine this, we are just minding our own business, we did not even panah u, what give you the right to disturb our peace? There is this extinct thing called manner and adab? Please stop. It's not funny. If you'd seriously fall for the girl, there are other more appropriate ways to get the girl's attention.

Guys talk about dirty things all the time, it's not a big deal
 I know. I am well aware that women and men see things differently. I don't even want to see your whatsapp. But guys, please talk about dirty stuffs with guys only. Don't post it in public. Don't do it in a whatsapp group where there is female members, and especially, don't talk about kisah dalam kelambu to public. I can assure you, no wife likes it when a husband talk about your sex life in public.

Ok habis rant.

Post a Comment