[Bercuti ke Japan (Permulaan Musim Bunga) 2017 - Hari Keempat]
Assalamualaikum
Full itinerary & budget here
We checked out from our Airbnb early that morning as we'll be walking around a lot that day and we were going to take sleeper bus that night to Kyoto. It just doesn't make sense to patah balik to Shibuya to take our luggage. Instead, on the way to Ueno Park, we stopped by a train stop near the bus station (lupaaaa dah mana) to put our luggage in a coin locker. The coin lockers in Japan is actually fairly easy to operate but for a bunch of still sleepy girls, it was so complicated. lol. So thankfully, a really kind janitor uncle were around so he helped us.
Oh btw, I forget to tell you. The reason why we bought the Tokyo Metro 48 hours pass is because it's cheap. haha. It's only 1,200 yen per person which is equivalent to MYR 45.....but it comes with a price. You have to walk, a lot....don't get me wrong, most of the stations are really quite near to all the tourist places but not as near as the JR. If you took JR, wow, their station is like, alahai, right there, depannnn situ je ha, right at the entrance. 7 day JR Ordinary Pass cost around MYR 1,071. ha ha ha ha ha ha. I'll walk. -______-
Ueno Park was really pretty that day. After several days of only seeing bald trees due to winter, we were excited to see something blooming....though not Sakura, they are all Ume, but still, very pretty.
[note to self - learn to edit picture] :P
Seriously, the park is so pretty. We spend several hours just walking, chilling, feeding birds and at one point we even stopped to watch kids played baseball, judging by how serious they were, I think it's some important match, peringkat sekolah or something.
After that, we went to Asakusa area which I really love! Why? because although this is still Tokyo, but it's on the lower side or Tokyo, lower as in still looks like the old Japan with a hint of modernisation. Japan traditional architecture, that's what I fall for....that and also the cheap stuff they sold at Nakamise market #preference.
At the end of Nakamise market is the Sensoji Temple.
We had our first sushi experience in Tokyo here at Asakusa. We ate at the ever famous certified Halal sushi place, Sushi Ken. Tips: cheaper during lunch (11.30 to 2.00pm), the lunch set cost only 1,000 yen!
They were like 7 choices in the lunch deal but there is only two that caught our eyes, either the tempura lunch set or the sushi set. How does it taste? It's all about personal preference. So here's mine and some of my friends.
I love the tempura set. I can eat everything on the plate, from the main course to the side dish to the radish....okay tipu. radish tak. Tu je tak makan.
As for the sushi, well, for starters, all the sushi were wrapped together with wasabi. yes all. If you're a wasabi fan, good for you. You'll going to love this sushi. If you're like me, you'll probably go like, "wah excitednya nak try sushi Jepun. eh macam sedap je macam sedap je arrrrghhhh wasabi!,"
but for this one, again, this is just personal preference. For your sake, I asked around my other friends for better review. Out of 4 of my friends that I asked about the sushi, One - disqualified (This is Pikah, she only likes Malay food so not a judge material), 2 loves it, another one says so-so (This one is Ain because she needs to eat wasabi with Shoyu and this restaurant did not have it). Again, like I've mentioned, it's all about your own personal preference, what you like in your food.
For dinner we eat at another Halal restaurant called Naritaya. This is a really small shop owned by a Malaysian! I mean, he's not really the owner as in owner...franchisee? I don't really know. What I know is someone gave the shop to him for him to take care of.
We were walking around back and fourth until they called us back in to let us know that they know where is it already. As it turns out, they had phoned several of their other tourist assistance friends to ask about the prayer room. Effort! Seriously, sis terharu. After we're done with our prayer, we don't know what else to do and it was really cold that day (4 degree!), so we went back in to the tourist information centre, we asked for their permission to at least sit at the gazebo they have set out outside, but they were so kind to let us play I mean stay inside the tourism centre! They are Yuri and Amy. In case they are still there, send them some love. (wait I haven't told u guys which stop is it...Ain help me please I forget!) [Update: The picture clearly told us it's Tokyo Chuo City Tourist Infomation Centre) -________-
We checked out from our Airbnb early that morning as we'll be walking around a lot that day and we were going to take sleeper bus that night to Kyoto. It just doesn't make sense to patah balik to Shibuya to take our luggage. Instead, on the way to Ueno Park, we stopped by a train stop near the bus station (lupaaaa dah mana) to put our luggage in a coin locker. The coin lockers in Japan is actually fairly easy to operate but for a bunch of still sleepy girls, it was so complicated. lol. So thankfully, a really kind janitor uncle were around so he helped us.
Oh btw, I forget to tell you. The reason why we bought the Tokyo Metro 48 hours pass is because it's cheap. haha. It's only 1,200 yen per person which is equivalent to MYR 45.....but it comes with a price. You have to walk, a lot....don't get me wrong, most of the stations are really quite near to all the tourist places but not as near as the JR. If you took JR, wow, their station is like, alahai, right there, depannnn situ je ha, right at the entrance. 7 day JR Ordinary Pass cost around MYR 1,071. ha ha ha ha ha ha. I'll walk. -______-
Ueno Park was really pretty that day. After several days of only seeing bald trees due to winter, we were excited to see something blooming....though not Sakura, they are all Ume, but still, very pretty.
[note to self - learn to edit picture] :P
Seriously, the park is so pretty. We spend several hours just walking, chilling, feeding birds and at one point we even stopped to watch kids played baseball, judging by how serious they were, I think it's some important match, peringkat sekolah or something.
After that, we went to Asakusa area which I really love! Why? because although this is still Tokyo, but it's on the lower side or Tokyo, lower as in still looks like the old Japan with a hint of modernisation. Japan traditional architecture, that's what I fall for....that and also the cheap stuff they sold at Nakamise market #preference.
Jacket, anyone?
At the end of Nakamise market is the Sensoji Temple.
There were a lot of people that day both at the market and the temple. In the end, we gave up on taking scenery perfect pictures (alasan nak cover tak reti ambik gambar) and just observe everything
We had our first sushi experience in Tokyo here at Asakusa. We ate at the ever famous certified Halal sushi place, Sushi Ken. Tips: cheaper during lunch (11.30 to 2.00pm), the lunch set cost only 1,000 yen!
They were like 7 choices in the lunch deal but there is only two that caught our eyes, either the tempura lunch set or the sushi set. How does it taste? It's all about personal preference. So here's mine and some of my friends.
I love the tempura set. I can eat everything on the plate, from the main course to the side dish to the radish....okay tipu. radish tak. Tu je tak makan.
As for the sushi, well, for starters, all the sushi were wrapped together with wasabi. yes all. If you're a wasabi fan, good for you. You'll going to love this sushi. If you're like me, you'll probably go like, "wah excitednya nak try sushi Jepun. eh macam sedap je macam sedap je arrrrghhhh wasabi!,"
but for this one, again, this is just personal preference. For your sake, I asked around my other friends for better review. Out of 4 of my friends that I asked about the sushi, One - disqualified (This is Pikah, she only likes Malay food so not a judge material), 2 loves it, another one says so-so (This one is Ain because she needs to eat wasabi with Shoyu and this restaurant did not have it). Again, like I've mentioned, it's all about your own personal preference, what you like in your food.
For dinner we eat at another Halal restaurant called Naritaya. This is a really small shop owned by a Malaysian! I mean, he's not really the owner as in owner...franchisee? I don't really know. What I know is someone gave the shop to him for him to take care of.
Chicken Karaage and some dumplings
This is the whole of the first floor, after Pikah, not in the picture were the other three of us and that's it. No customer can go in anymore. It's really one small row of chairs like you've seen in ramen shop on tv.
sampai malam kau merayap kat Asakusa je nampak tak betapa bestnya kawasan ni?
Since our 48 hours pass was nearing the 48 hours, out of fear that we'll be stranded somewhere, we left Asakusa around 7pm to go to the stop where we left our suitcases. One stupid things we do, we took our luggage. Like kenape ntah kene ambik luggage dulu padahal nak pergi merempat tepi kaki lima je.
We went into a tourist centre to ask for a nearby prayer room, they politely told us they don't know so we thank them and walked away.
we talked, they taught us origami, Ain taught them the cheesy camera origami, at the end of it all, we're now facebook buddies
Too bad that they had to close at okay I forget at what time but the point is, they had to close early. so we're left stranded, again. What an experience.
Boleh tahu u pakai camera jenis apa?
ReplyDeleteHi, ni semua gambar camera iphone. :)
Delete