Assalamualaikum
Alya: Ape azam tahun baru kau?
Me: Takde. Masih lemau.
Tapi, if I really need to come up with a resolution, I guess, I would like to not procrastinate and just do things right away.....especially with blog. No, for 2019, let's make it exclusively for blogging. I hope I do more real time blogging than late post. Save everything while I'm still feeling grateful that it happened. :D
Since last 2 years (you can read it here and here), we have promise each other to keep the tradition alive. However, please note that we are lazy, heavy sleeper, homebody. When people like us try to make plans, out of 10 plans, maybe 3 survive...the rest, letup. Since I was so lemau the last few days of 2018, I was trying really hard not to mention the tradition. I was really really really hoping that everyone would forget.
However, one problematic Wednesday, while happily eating my lunch,
Alya: Weh kau tau mak aku nak buat *something something something* hari Sabtu. Mak aku suruh duduk rumah. Mana boleh wehhh. Macam mana dengan tradition kite?
Dia ingat pulak weeeehhhhhh!
So I, had to reluctantly organise the whole thing. I pick the place this time. The easiest of them all, Taman Botani Negara Shah Alam. For once, we'll be walking on a tar road not through forest muddy road. (clever or not?)
However, getting us, the 3 people who love our bed the most in this whole wide world, to sacrifice that for an activity, it was not without a fight.
We went up to Empangan Sungai Baru, which, well, how to put it simply, the whole area, sadden me. It was so poorly maintain, they have to block the decks entrance because most of them are broken. So sayang. The place has so much potential but people let it down. Worst, the dam was at the farthest end of the whole park, so it should feel like a reward, after all the effort you pour into reaching that place, to be greeted with something so meeeh, you'll wonder why you even bother to try in the first place.
Nevertheless, since we're there already, might as well make a full use of it. We rested at the gazebo nearby and do our yearly life review & heart-to-heart session & confession & intervention & current issue discussion & gossip; all-in-one.
Some of blogging-approved material we discussed today (of course I can't tell you all the stories that would be suicide)
1. Alya & Ayu have completely different new year's resolution. One wants to be selfish (originally very considerate and not selfish) and thinks only about her own happiness and the other wants to be less selfish (originally quite selfish) and bring happiness to other people. Me? I don't have any plan to change I'll continue being selfish thank you very much.
2. We are at a point in our life where we appreciate the life we have; married or unmarried. We have completely come to term with everything and are enjoying life as it is. I guess, that's how life is, for us. When we were 20 - 25, we were so busy trying to be an adult we don't have time to think about marriage. When we were 26 - 27, things had slowly became repetitive, we became bored & lonely, desperation came kicking in, we started paying attention to men. 28 - till eternity, we now know how to make ourselves happy, how to be content with just ourselves, no longer lonely and desperate. We really hope people can see and just be happy that we're happy. No need to feel sorry (this one I hate the most) or push us towards something that we are not interested on in the first place. Why should we sacrifice a lifetime of happiness in an attempt to make everyone happy, and this too, only lasted for a short moment?
3. Mothers are the real superheroes. Period.
4. Are things that we're doing normal? Do we have a normal mindset? Is it okay to keep living this way?
5. Ayu said, people could find me unapproachable. haha. Even I have to agree with this....but we were wondering hard about this though. Whyyyy? Even I have no idea why. If you have any answer do let me know I would really love to know.
6. Me and Ayu look alike. People have been asking whether we're siblings....this happens a lot lately it's so hard to ignore. Do we really look alike? Really? It's so fascinating to me that people keep asking, imagine how curious they were they had to ask. I mean, i've seen people who look alike before, in my mind I'll be like, they must be siblings....I did not asked them the question because I am not that curious. So for someone to walk to you and ask the question, they must be super curious. I am not complaining about these people, they have their own right to speak, but do I really look like Ayu? Ayu was like "weh maybe sebab pipi aku dah gemuk macam tira," -___________- kuang hajaq!
That's all for now. xoxo
Post a Comment