Blog Archive

SOCIAL MEDIA

REFLECTION: ON PRAYER

Friday, May 10, 2019


Assalamualaikum


"Sembahyang....bukan sebab kita baik, tapi sebab kita hamba"

Several jahil times ago, I took prayers for granted (still am but not as bad). What happen at the time was "I believe in God but I also believe that God is the Most Forgiving the Most Merciful of all,". So I believe that no matter the sin, if I repent, Allah will forgive me. With this logic, if I missed a prayer I was like, "It's okay, Allah loves me, I'll asked for forgiveness later," and when I do pray I was like "sorry Allah I didn't pray just now. I pray now so all is forgiven right?" *insert cute face*.

Yes I was trying to get away with aegyo! -__________-

It's not until much much later, when I started to be more interested in understanding the deen, I realised, Islam is easy, yes, but I shouldn't treat it lightly. It's not until then that I realised, praying is the act of worship. It is the proof that we believe in Him, we submit to Him, we worship him.

If we don't pray, how can we really trully say that we submit to Allah?

Years ago, I don't understand why someone who don't pray can still be considered a kafir. I mean, their only sin is not praying, they still believe, how can they be a kafir? Now I get it. In simpler term, believing without praying is like empty promises, empty words. We say we believe but we never act like we did.

So pray, peeps. =)

If you need a push, this last talk by Ustaz Hasan Din would benefit you. I pray that Allah ease everything for us. Say Amin, friends. 

Post a Comment