Blog Archive

SOCIAL MEDIA

BLIND FAITH

Friday, May 3, 2019


Assalamualaikum

Several weeks ago, while discussing about random stuff, a friend said to the group, "kadang-kadang, pasal Islam ni. Kita tak boleh explain. Kita tak boleh nak proof tau. Benda tu sebenarnya faith,"

and another friend was like, "nak proof apenye lagi," He then proceed with some explanation that honestly, to me, it further prove the point that religion is all about "faith/belief". We told him that and he concluded with, "betul, tapi bukan blind faith,". We leave it at that.


To this date, I personally think that the best gift among all the gifts that Allah has ever given me is He let me be born as a Muslim. I really really really am thankful for that I thank Him whenever I'm reminded of it. However, sometimes I ponder, if I were not born as a Muslim, would I have found Islam? Would I have converted?

I know myself too well to know that ........................hmmmmm.

In a separate note, born as a Muslim has it's own disadvantages. Too many of us don't really know the deen. Agree? If I were in a situation where I have to explain Islam to a not-yet-believer, if they asked me "Why do you believe in Allah?", TBH, all I can say for now is "because He's the One! He's the God,"

Yup, veryyyyy convincing Athirah. 

I have known Islam all my life. I believe it with all my heart but at the same time, I don't know much about it. To me, this is the flaw of being born a muslim. We, okay maybe just me, mimic my parents, teachers and the people around me. People teach me it's haram, it's haram. People told me to read the Quran I read the Quran. People told me to pray I pray. People told me to fast, I fast. People told me to idolize Rasulullah, I idolize him.

However, do I know the purpose of everything? Do I understand everything that I got myself into?

Aida Azlin shared a story about her struggle to love our Prophet Muhammad S.A.W. 


Things couldn't get anymore real than this. The other day, me and my friends was discussing about marriage law and who we can and can't marry we reached a point where we discussed about cousins. There were 5 of us. None of us can give definite, firm answer on who Saidina Ali was to Rasulullah. ;'(

Another example that I can pick is prayer. We pray in arabic right? How many of us actually know the meaning of the words we're saying in the prayer? We are bowing and asking things from God, that's great, but what's the purpose if we don't even know what we're asking from Him?

Because we were born Muslim, we thought we know everyyything about it, we thought we own it ....and that, my friends, is the reason why we still have all sort of weird problems in the society. People condemning each others' deen on social media, an islamic figure divorced his pregnant wife, Islamic couples caught doing things, insta famous people fight each other calling each others' "penunggang agama", I don't work properly and thus betray by employers trust, I argue with my mother, I gossip, and many many more.

Tell me, is this the behaviour of the people who pray?

No, don't stop praying. God no. That's not the purpose of this blogpost :'( The message that I wanted to send across is Allah had blessed us with being born as a Muslim, our parents did their ultimate best to teach us the deen and now, it's time for us to put in the effort, to fill in the gap. May Allah ease everything for everyone. Amin.

***

I think it's so nice of God to give us Ramadan. Don't you think? You got the whole month to pause and submit. I know some people were skeptical "why should we pretend. Don't be a hypocrite. Don't be a Ramadan muslim," but that's the beauty of Ramadan. Everyone can start afresh. The ones struggling to don the hijab can start, the ones who wants to stop smoking can start, the ones who wants to learn Quran can start, anyone can start.

Who knows, one day, we might even answer this properly,
"Why do you believe in Allah?"

Salam Ramadan rakan-rakan.

1 comment :