Blog Archive

SOCIAL MEDIA

YOUNGER SELF

Wednesday, May 1, 2019


Assalamualaikum

I am not sure what got into me the other day, I decided to stalk someone. Who did I stalked? Me myself and I. lol.

Several years ago, there was this news circulating about how dangerous it is to post a complete picture of yourself. You could easily become the target for sihir. At the time I was in the "internet is news" phase so I believed it, archived all photos showing my complete face from all my social media accounts.......which oddly enough, blog and insta story don't count. In this blog, I am still posting photos of myself because you know, this is not a social media platform. What a weird logic. -______-

So yeah, I was browsing my archive and I realised, we used to look....happy? We were young, still doing and posting dumb stuffs, we were smiling and gigling happily. Told Alya about it. She decided to look at hers too. Alya lagi lah. She used to be sooooo crazy about boomerang there was never a day goes by without her posting her boomerang. She was the queen of insta stories!


Now, no more. I have embraced my dark deep persona. Most of my close friends has been posting less too. Is this what it feels to be an adult? The thing is, it's not just about not posting anything. It's also about not taking pictures in general anymore. Take my Todak girls for example. I haven't posted about them in monthsss (exception: Jeju trip with Ayu). It's not that we haven't hang out in months, we did but we forget to take any.

Athirah, why the obsession with taking photos? Live in the moment. 
I agree. I completely agree. In fact, I even secretly disapprove people who's constantly on their phone taking photos of everything....my problem is with not taking photos at all. If you've been reading this blog from the beginning, you would have notice how I am a huge fan of memories, so I hate it when I have nothing to look back to. We are all humans so we forget things easily...but I don't want to forget. I don't want to forget how I look like at 20, 25, 26, and even 29. We're changing every single minute whether we realised it or not. I want to remember each stage, embrace how i've improved.

This year, I make it a mission to always take photos of moments. I don't care if you're (friends and family) annoyed, You'll thank me later when I show you pictures of your younger self. lol. I guess, this post serves as a warning that "I am coming," (read in the same tone as: winter is coming; although winter has ended).=P

Post a Comment