Blog Archive

SOCIAL MEDIA

RECURRING TOPIC: ON CONTENTMENT

Tuesday, November 12, 2019


Assalamualaikum

Contentment. 

What is it really? 

I'd wrote about it numerous time in this blog, how I somehow reach contentment, but as days goes by, I keep finding myself in a new emotional level that makes me wonder, 

"What is this?" 

At first, I thought contentment means happy. As long as I am happy all the time, that's contentment. Then I learn that it's impossible to stay happy. Sometimes I'm sad, sometimes I'm jealous, sometimes I am exhausted. So if I am sad because I got rejected from that important project, does this mean I haven't reach contentment? Is happiness really the ultimate emotion?

Then I was introduced to "Inside Out" by Alya (trust 29 years old Alya to give me cartoon references), so no, happiness should not be the only emotion one should feel. 


Then what is contentment?

Nowadays I think contentment means acceptance. Accepting that this is my life. Accepting this moment, the now, as it is. Not wanting more not wanting less, which is really how I've been living and feeling for the past few months. I am not entirely happy but I am not entirely sad either, I want to add nothing to my life and I don't want to lose anything either. I like now the way it is.

But, (harus lah ada tapi, when have I ever think things through?)

But,

where do you draw the line between contentment and lazy? Am I just lazy and deluded myself into thinking I am content? You get my concern right? Am I too comfortable with everything that I don't push myself anymore? Is feeling comfortable, bad? Is one really better than the other?

I need answers! T-T Now where do I sign up for life debate session?

Post a Comment