Blog Archive

SOCIAL MEDIA

HOKKAIDO 2019 (SUMMER) - DAY 1 HOKURYU VILLAGE

Sunday, November 24, 2019

Assalamualaikum


Before the trip, I googled on what to expect at the airport during summer. Several bloggers mentioned that it will be packed and we should expect long queue at the immigration. With that in mind, I set the appointment to pick up our rental car at around 11 am though we landed at 8.25 am. I thought I was a genius for anticipating the unexpected. Little did I know, 1. There was just us and one other plane arriving from somewhere else that morning and 2. Japanese are super efficient everything was fast and smooth.The whole admission process (immigration plus luggage pickup) was settled by 9 am.

Lalu berlemau lemauan lah kami di airport -_______-

***

Our car rental process is also quite a story. When I booked the car, I thought I was really clever and lucky. I mean, RM745 for 6 days that's a steal! It was not until packing time did I realised, I booked a compact car for the 4 of us, for a 6 days trip! I mean, where are we going to put our luggages? So for the 6 days trip, I forced everyone to bring only 20" luggage each except for Faiz. He's only allowed 50L backpack -________-


This was how we store our luggage. 2 luggage at the boot and the others were in the middle of the back passengers seat. Faiz and Dikyah had to cramp with the luggage lol =P Can't believe we survived!

On another note, I would highly recommend the car rental company "Car Rental Hokkaido" for everyone who's travelling to Hokkaido especially if you're from Malaysia travelling with Airasia. Most of us would booked the early flight out because that's the cheapest but almost all car rental companies open at 9 am. Our initial plan was to return the car the night before and booked a cab to go to the airport the next morning but their staffs were such sweethearts, they offered to open one hour early and send us to the airport. awwwww....and I was like "Can you do that? Is it not too much trouble?" and they were like, "It's okay we always open early for our Malaysian customers. Your flight is at 9.35 am right?," They even know the timing nangis lah camni.

The staffs were really friendly. The one that handled us, she explained how to use the navigation system thoroughly, like how to avoid tolls and all, and how to use japan map code. Before Hokkaido, I have nothing else to compare because that's my first time renting a car in Japan, but after our recent Kyushu trip, I was really really thankful for the girl from Car Rental Hokkaido. The Nippon-rent-a-car that we used in Fukuoka guy didn't even tell us to use map code! He didn't even teach us how to search! He's like this is the navigation, this is menu, this is map this is the route and that's it. If it weren't for my earlier experience driving in Hokkaido, I would have a hard time navigating around Kyushu from his vague explanation!

***

Our first and only stop of the day is Hokuryu sunflower village.

Hokuryu Sunflower Village
Open daily 9am to 6pm
Entry fee: No entry fee for general admission. 
300 yen admission fee for certain sunflower maze
Map code: 179 840 544*03


Of course I have to include Hokuryu in the trip, sunflower is my favourite flower! My mom, she used to decorate the house with fake sunflowers everywhere; on the table, on the top of the aquarium, on the stair rail, my love for sunflowers might have been because of her. I once attempted to grow one but little did I know sunflowers only bloom once and then they die. While this is a completely natural process, my heart can't take it. I find it so sad that an existing flower has to die for a new one to exist. T-T

But I'm a sunflower, a little funny If I were a rose, maybe you'd want me If I could, I'd change overnight I'd turn into something you'd like But I'm a sunflower, a little funny If I were a rose, maybe you'd pick me But I know you don't have a clue This sunflower's waiting for you Waiting for you
Overall, we had a good time strolling around the farm. :)

The struggle is real  -_______-

Post a Comment